FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   U.K. and Ireland (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-ireland-484/)
-   -   'Premium Security' at MAN (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-ireland/2001219-premium-security-man.html)

Up In The Air Dec 25, 2019 11:16 am

'Premium Security' at MAN

Just noticed that 'Premium Security' service is being offered at MAN: £10 "... gets you through security in under 3 minutes" (although reading the t's & c's this isn't actually guaranteed) and presumably offers the opportunity of looking down your nose at the folk in the 'Security FastTrack' queue. One would hope that the staff at the 'Premium Security' have been specially trained not to be condescending to their premium-paying clientele.

https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...ity-fasttrack/

IAN-UK Dec 25, 2019 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by Up In The Air (Post 31875439)
Just noticed that 'Premium Security' service is being offered at MAN: £10 "... gets you through security in under 3 minutes" (although reading the t's & c's this isn't actually guaranteed) and presumably offers the opportunity of looking down your nose at the folk in the 'Security FastTrack' queue. One would hope that the staff at the 'Premium Security' have been specially trained not to be condescending to their premium-paying clientele.

https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/...ity-fasttrack/

Of course the downside of this is that the airport has to ensure that the regular and fast-track lines are sufficiently lengthy, awkward, and unpleasant to nudge people into spending £10 for a more civilised experience.

The airport is already doing sterling work towards achieving these ends: just a little extra effort should have "Premium Security" generating healthy revenues.

12939 Dec 28, 2019 5:29 am

Marketing: "Our new dedicated lane gets you through security in under 3 minutes."

From the T's & C's: (emphasis is mine)
5.7 The Airport does not guarantee availability of the FastTrack or Premium Security, or a maximum or minimum queue length or time, or that the FastTrack or Premium Security queue time will be less than the standard lanes. All passengers are subject to the same security procedures and regulations and we therefore recommend that you allow enough time for the standard security and x-ray screening.

5.8 The Airport shall not be responsible for any passengers who miss their flight because they did not allow enough time to go through the check-in and security process.

So not worth the paper your £10 Premium Security ticket is printed on then.

MAN have plenty of experience of making FastTrack longer than regular security. I have posted on this several times. This is just the latest gouging attempt.

Silver Fox Dec 28, 2019 7:24 am

Complaint made to ASA for whatever that may be worth. But, totally and utterly misleading and they should not be allowed to get away with this sort of thing.

bradders239 Jan 18, 2020 12:14 pm

What do you expects from the worst airport in Europe . Its not known as the S******e for nothing

Silver Fox Jan 22, 2020 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Silver Fox (Post 31883202)
Complaint made to ASA for whatever that may be worth. But, totally and utterly misleading and they should not be allowed to get away with this sort of thing.

Quoting myself here, but this is what the ASA sent me today:

"Based on the information you provided, we have contacted the advertiser with a view to having changes made to the ad. We have asked them to remove the claim, “Our new dedicated lane gets you through security in under 3 minutes”, from their website.

Once we get an assurance from them that they will change the ad in a way we consider resolves the complaint, we will close the case. Basic information including the advertisers’ name and where the ad appeared will be published on our website, www.asa.org.uk. "

DYKWIA Jan 24, 2020 2:35 am

Has anybody used FastTrack in T1 since the new Premium lane opened?

Has it impacted FastTrack?

I get FastTrack as part of EasyJet Plus - so will be a bit annoyed if it's made things worse. It normally only takes me 5 minutes to get through.

Markie Jan 27, 2020 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by Silver Fox (Post 31981302)
Quoting myself here, but this is what the ASA sent me today:

"Based on the information you provided, we have contacted the advertiser with a view to having changes made to the ad. We have asked them to remove the claim, “Our new dedicated lane gets you through security in under 3 minutes”, from their website.

Once we get an assurance from them that they will change the ad in a way we consider resolves the complaint, we will close the case. Basic information including the advertisers’ name and where the ad appeared will be published on our website, www.asa.org.uk. "

Still there!

Silver Fox Jan 28, 2020 12:15 am

Well to be fair to them they only wrote to me last week and if MAN is as slow to respond as their security is, well we might be some time ! :) Perhaps I should have used a premium complaints line? :)

roberino Feb 10, 2020 2:38 pm

Well, this morning there was a very smug and self-important looking security agent steadfastly refusing to processing anyone that hadn’t paid the the Iron Price for security, even though he was idle and his colleagues were busy. Clearly living off his tips.

What bothers me is that MAN will advise anyone who wants better than cattle-screening to pay extra for Premium or Premiare and be unsympathetic to the great unwashed.

DYKWIA Feb 12, 2020 8:01 am

Originally Posted by roberino (Post 32056407)
Well, this morning there was a very smug and self-important looking security agent steadfastly refusing to processing anyone that hadn’t paid the the Iron Price for security, even though he was idle and his colleagues were busy. Clearly living off his tips.

What bothers me is that MAN will advise anyone who wants better than cattle-screening to pay extra for Premium or Premiare and be unsympathetic to the great unwashed.

Why should he process you if you hadn't paid? If he had, then somebody who has paid would have to wait for you to go through.

How long did it take you to get through?

DYKWIA Feb 12, 2020 8:11 am

Oh, it looks like maybe the Premium Security wasn't selling so well at £10, as it's now down to £8 :)

roberino Feb 12, 2020 9:43 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 32063138)
Why should he process you if you hadn't paid? If he had, then somebody who has paid would have to wait for you to go through.

How long did it take you to get through?

Because it looks literally terrible when MAN has a reputation as having the worst airport security in Europe and their "solution" involves having three members of security staff stood idle. The Fast Track/Priority line has now been cut from stations 1 and 2 to just 2, so it's not an imaginary complaint that they have choked off that line to increase demand for the new Premium line.

I was in line for about 12 minutes. Not terrible in the grand scheme of things but there were only 3 people ahead of me. Shouldn't take that long. At busier times (with two stations) it has taken almost an hour to get through.

DYKWIA Feb 12, 2020 10:11 am

Originally Posted by roberino (Post 32063494)
I was in line for about 12 minutes. Not terrible in the grand scheme of things but there were only 3 people ahead of me. Shouldn't take that long. At busier times (with two stations) it has taken almost an hour to get through.

Originally Posted by roberino
They wouldn’t redirect the priority line to the premium security station even though we were 10 deep on one scanner.

So, which was it? 3 people or 10 deep?

roberino Feb 12, 2020 11:42 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 32063592)
So, which was it? 3 people or 10 deep?

When I got there, 10. It stalled with three people ahead of me for some time. The queue built up behind me while this was going on.