Wiki Posts
Search

LHR - Transfer T5 to T2 / Separate Tix

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2019, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
LHR - Transfer T5 to T2 / Separate Tix

After some discussion, we decided to skip London on Boxing Day (thanks to everyone who weighed in on that thread, though!) and are heading to Lisbon upon landing at LHR. However, here is our scenario, which leaves me with a few questions.

BA JFK - LHR
TP LHR - LIS

Separate tickets and we have about 3.5 hours to make the transfer. We don't plan to check bags on the JFK-LHR leg. However, not being familiar with TP, we do have the option of checking bags (included in fare) for LHR-LIS. At the T2 TP transfer desk, is this a possibility? We'll have our carry-on bags with us and were thinking of just checking them there if that exists as a possibility.

Otherwise I guess my options are to go landside to check or head to the gate and get hassled at boarding to check. In the latter case, would my luggage included in the fare still apply or do I face some punitive charge for not having checked my bag at check-in?

I think this is the first time I've done a non-OW/OW transfer at LHR so a bit unsure of what to expect.

Thanks!
Old Jul 18, 2019, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Hard to answer without knowing the size of your carry on bags and if they fit with TAP sizes or not.

I've only done 4 flights with TAP but from that limited experience they do seem to check bag sizes to an almost religious zeal but I didn't see anyone being charged for gate checking a bag.

I've asked a mod to consider moving this to the 'Other Europeans Airlines' board as there are more active TAP posters there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.