Wiki Posts
Search

Oyster Cards

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:21 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
You can see the full set here:

https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/blog/2015/07/12/3d-maps-of-every-underground-station-ab/
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by WorldLux
Google. I remember seeing a similar (but much more simplified) map of that station with the general advice being "Follow the sign "Hammersmith&City Line" for relatively quick and easy access to all lines from street-level.

King's Cross/St.Pancras and Bank/Monument must be annoying to less regular users. Crossrail won't be making things easier. Trains will be quite a bit longer than tube trains making walking distances greater if you are at the 'wrong' end.

Thanks! I googled it and got the article that confirmed that they are making you walk the long way round!!
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by stut
Thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred Plus, Amex Plat
Going further off-topic, but there are good (and quite pretty) 3D station maps on the excellent Station Master app.

Some cracking Victorian era cutaways here too: London's Hidden Tunnels Revealed In Amazing Cutaways | Londonist
Sealink and Badenoch like this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by stut
Just a shame that several layouts are already outdated (e.g. Bond Street, Victoria Station, Tottenham Court Road) and more will be in the coming years (the Crossrail interchanges with the tube, Bank, etc.)
Old Feb 2, 2018, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
I don't need an oyster card. My tube travels are free when I use Ipay LOL
Old Feb 10, 2018, 5:15 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WorldLux
St.Pancras/King's Cross underground station is my least favourite station. It's crucial to get the correct entry/exit and avoid lengthy walks.

I generally use the exit/entry on the Southeastern corner of St. Pancras on the corner of Pancras Rd. and Euston Rd. From that ticket hall (the central ticket hall in the middle of the map below) you can reach all lines fairly quickly.

I read somewhere that the secret to Kings Cross is the floor tiles. New tiles means a long, crowd controlled transfer. Old tiles means the older faster route. Haven't tested this.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by enviroian
I don't need an oyster card. My tube travels are free when I use Ipay LOL
TfL seems to have issues processing some payments. I have a £1.5 charge that's been stuck as 'pending' for a month now...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.