Wiki Posts
Search

Dublin: Week-end of 28 September

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2012, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Dublin: Week-end of 28 September

Tried various top hotels in Dublin but they are all fully booked this far in advance. What is going on in Dublin around that time.
Old May 27, 2012, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by KenJohn
Tried various top hotels in Dublin but they are all fully booked this far in advance. What is going on in Dublin around that time.
Trinity Capital Hotel is available then. I stayed there a couple of weeks ago. Your typical tiny hotel room, but it was clean and had a nice modern bathroom. The location is excellent, you are walking distance from bus stops, train stations and all of the action without being too close to the action. You can walk to the Temple Bar area and most of the shopping and dining. The bar was nice, breakfast was included and was your typical full Irish breakfast and quite good. The hotel itself was very accommodating, we were able to do left luggage when we went to South and South West Ireland and collect it few days later. They helped with taxis, special requests, public transport information and so on. If you want to be near the airport I also stayed in the Holiday Inn Express airport the night before flying out and it was quite nice, new modern room/bathroom and room was actually a normal size room.

http://www.trinitycapital-hotel.com/

Regarding your what is going on in Dublin question I have no clue.

Last edited by MissJoeyDFW; May 27, 2012 at 9:41 pm
Old May 27, 2012, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
I have no idea what's going on, but if you go to Trivago.co.uk, for Sept 28-30 it's showing various agencies with availability at:

Westin, £170/nt
Conrad, £144/nt
4 seasons, £210/nt

Sometimes these agencies have pre-assigned allocation so the hotel directly may show sold out but others can still get you in.

Last edited by Swiss Tony; May 28, 2012 at 12:07 am
Old May 28, 2012, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by MissJoeyDFW
Trinity Capital Hotel is available then
Interestingly, that was exactly where I booked into last night. Looks night enough and the booking when through. Got a 15% discount for a 4 night booking as well, fully flexible so I can cancel later if I want to change hotels.

Trinity Capital sounds just right to go wandering around Dublin. The only hotel I would be tempted to change to is the Conrad; if only for the points and spent to help me retain HHonors Diamond status.

Westin, Conrad, Fitzwilliam, Clarence, Radison Blu were all full per their own websites. The Morison Hotel across the river was rather pricey.
Old May 28, 2012, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
It appears that the real squeeze on rooms isn't until the Monday night.

Wonder if this is why the top end hotels are full? http://www.ciarb.org/events/2012/10/...-conference-1/
Old May 31, 2012, 7:07 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
There's a big American football match being played in town - so, the city is awash with well-built Americans...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.