Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

E+ vouchers finally available electronically

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2024, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I just noticed this morning on teh app that there is now a category for "complimentary Business upgrades" and has my E+ upgrades listed and a button for use. Will not be using for a bit, but we have been waiting what, 15 years for this?
Old Mar 28, 2024, 7:41 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Lifetime, TK E+
Smile

Originally Posted by hfly
I just noticed this morning on teh app that there is now a category for "complimentary Business upgrades" and has my E+ upgrades listed and a button for use. Will not be using for a bit, but we have been waiting what, 15 years for this?
At last, I can already tell that the product manager didn't fully consider all aspects of this long-awaited feature. It fails to display the expiration dates of the vouchers.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:25 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by SQ025
At last, I can already tell that the product manager didn't fully consider all aspects of this long-awaited feature. It fails to display the expiration dates of the vouchers.
well - usually they should expire at the end of a membership year. (the covid extensions were an exception). so you should know when they expire.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by hfly
Hallelujah!! I can'y wait to try it out - though it'll be with some trepidation as last month i sank from seven (yes, i don't know how either) to four over a few weeks with no activity and no membership event.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 7:35 am

Programs: TK E+
It shows 0 voucher on APP but should be 2. Maybe I try to argue with local TK office?
Old Mar 29, 2024, 1:51 pm

Programs: TK*G
May I know where is it in the app? I cannot find it myself
Old Mar 29, 2024, 3:45 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by bart simpson
May I know where is it in the app? I cannot find it myself
On the Menu bar on the left. Open it when logged in, when not logged in, you would not see it. You may need to log out and in again before it comes visible.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Am I the only one thinking that it doesn't really matter whether TK can show me the number of vouchers I have.

What I (we?) want is to simply be able to apply an upgrade voucher during the booking process of a Y ticket on the TK website. Looking forward to that data point!

Everything else would be the exact same (terrible) process minus the phone call.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 1:49 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
Originally Posted by Jaenks
On the Menu bar on the left. Open it when logged in, when not logged in, you would not see it. You may need to log out and in again before it comes visible.
I am logged in but cannot see this... only a tab Business upgrade, what clearly is not the one...
Old Apr 2, 2024, 2:00 am

Programs: TK E+
My membership renewal data happens to be 31/3. I believe this means I shall have 2 new E+ voucher in the new membership year.
Just had a look of the app, it shows 0.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 4:52 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Am I the only one thinking that it doesn't really matter whether TK can show me the number of vouchers I have.

What I (we?) want is to simply be able to apply an upgrade voucher during the booking process of a Y ticket on the TK website. Looking forward to that data point!

Everything else would be the exact same (terrible) process minus the phone call.
But wouldn't you want to know how many vouchers you actually have still valid and their expiry dates, instead of writing a feedback form and then storing the response for a future reference?...
Edvard likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kaspars
But wouldn't you want to know how many vouchers you actually have still valid and their expiry dates, instead of writing a feedback form and then storing the response for a future reference?...
More information is better than less, but no... it doesn't really matter to me whether that information is available to me online.

I either use the vouchers on a return trip well before their expiry - booked with the internation of being upgraded - or I don't use them at all. Therefore it's very easy to keep track of.

Obviously others have different habits, but my point remains valid.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 10:03 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by kaspars
I am logged in but cannot see this... only a tab Business upgrade, what clearly is not the one...
Tab is Complimentary Business Upgrade.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 1:30 am

When i tap the tab "Complimentary business upgrade", all my PNRs comes up. I can then tap the PNR i wish. In my case there is one (Y). I will not use upgrade vouchers for this trip, so this post is for experts on this forum to take in as a data point on the interface - particularly regarding how many vouchers that would be required for each (married) journey

I have a return flight from Asia to Europe (on TK obviously) via IST. Stopovers for 3 hours each way. I tap this PNR.

I then says "Please select the reservation for which you want to upgrade your flight to business class free of charge".

All well - but my trip comes up as four individual legs (I then tap all four legs - but I do not wish to hit the "confirm" button - sorry). My understanding is that this is really valid for a system wide upgrade (that is, 2 vouchers should cover all 4 legs). Therefore, it is a bit of a worry that it comes up as four legs.

I really appreciate the new interface, but I am still holding my breath as to any changes in policy.

Further detals: Doing a dummy business class booking for the same flight I have allready booked on the TK website, the four segments comes up as:

Asia-Istanbul: Full
Istanbul-Europe: Z
Europe-Istanbul: J
Istanbul-Asia: K

The married segment (two last legs) comes up as Z.

This means that I would probably not have been able to secure any upgrades except for Europe-IST. Perhaps the tab would show system wide upgrades (ie Asia-IST-Europe as one voucher) if there was availability. I don't know but I would be very greatfull for any suggestions.
craigthemif likes this.

Last edited by Vietjan; Apr 4, 2024 at 2:08 am
Old Apr 4, 2024, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Vietjan
I have a return flight from Asia to Europe (on TK obviously) via IST. Stopovers for 3 hours each way. I tap this PNR.

I then says "Please select the reservation for which you want to upgrade your flight to business class free of charge".

All well - but my trip comes up as four individual legs (I then tap all four legs - but I do not wish to hit the "confirm" button - sorry). My understanding is that this is really valid for a system wide upgrade (that is, 2 vouchers should cover all 4 legs). Therefore, it is a bit of a worry that it comes up as four legs.
well, my fears became truth: 2 vouchers per direction now if a stop in IST... such a shame...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.