FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   50% Business Class discount Elite? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/2016301-50-business-class-discount-elite.html)

LH600 Apr 22, 2020 1:18 pm

50% Business Class discount Elite?

I remember TK stating that there is a 50% discount on companion Business Class Ticket for Elite members.

How can will i bee able to book such a ticket? Online? Elite desk?

ISTFlyer Apr 22, 2020 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by LH600 (Post 32315682)
I remember TK stating that there is a 50% discount on companion Business Class Ticket for Elite members.

How can will i bee able to book such a ticket? Online? Elite desk?

You would need to call the hotline or contact a sales office. Also, not all hotline agents are able to book discounted companion tickets so you might need to HUACA several times.
By the way, the 50% discount only applies to the base fare, you would still need to pay the full taxes for the 2nd passenger.

Online does not work for the companion ticket discount.

dromack Apr 23, 2020 4:28 am

AFAIR 50% discount is from full C class only, so usually cheaper is to buy 2 J class ;)

ISTFlyer Apr 23, 2020 4:53 am

Originally Posted by dromack (Post 32317410)
AFAIR 50% discount is from full C class only, so usually cheaper is to buy 2 J class ;)

It applies to all fare classes, including award reservations ( 50% off the mileage amount ).

kumpel64 Apr 23, 2020 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 32317448)
It applies to all fare classes, including award reservations ( 50% off the mileage amount ).

Oh really? I never heard about that. Could you provide some written details of that, i.e. on the TK website?
Thks a lot in advance.

ISTFlyer Apr 24, 2020 4:42 am

Originally Posted by kumpel64 (Post 32320054)
Oh really? I never heard about that. Could you provide some written details of that, i.e. on the TK website?
Thks a lot in advance.

https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-t...ges/index.html

flyertalker00973 Apr 24, 2020 6:59 am

Has anybody done it with the business limited awards? And how did you practically do it?

ISTFlyer Apr 24, 2020 7:01 am

Originally Posted by GR15 (Post 32320811)
Has anybody done it with the business limited awards? And how did you practically do it?

Via the hotline or via a sales office.
I generally visit one of the Istanbul sales offices ( Harbiye or Kızıltoprak ) to handle these kinds of issues and I'm all set within 10 minutes with no issues at all.

flyertalker00973 Apr 24, 2020 7:22 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 32320816)
Via the hotline or via a sales office.
I generally visit one of the Istanbul sales offices ( Harbiye or Kızıltoprak ) to handle these kinds of issues and I'm all set within 10 minutes with no issues at all.

Thanks ISTFlyer, then I'll be setting my sights on a 50% companion business limited award trip, when it all opens up again.
Another question do you know if there is a list of international sales offices? The webside only provides dead links.
Thanks in advance

ISTFlyer Apr 24, 2020 7:23 am

Originally Posted by GR15 (Post 32320870)
Thanks ISTFlyer, then I'll be setting my sights on a 50% companion business limited award trip, when it all opens up again.
Another question do you know if there is a list of international sales offices? The webside only provides dead links.
Thanks in advance

The link to the list of all sales offices is available at the top of the WIKI of the Coronavirus thread.

IAN-UK Apr 24, 2020 4:09 pm

I, too, had no idea about this. Or, rarher, I had, but thought ot was only for full fare business-class tickets.

So many thanks - even though it means I have overspent wildly on recent trips! :eek:

IAN-UK Apr 24, 2020 4:13 pm

oops - duplicate!

kumpel64 Apr 24, 2020 11:41 pm

" including award reservations ( 50% off the mileage amount )"

I was searching now for some details on the TK website. Thatīs what i found. But it isnīt 50 % off for awards. Or did i understand something wrong?

https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-t...award-tickets/

But i must say, i never heard about that before. Even my brother that is flying many times per year long distance flights with TK was not aware of that. Is it something quite new?

Shuttle Apr 25, 2020 5:40 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 32320553)

Thank you for the link. The table you link to states: "50% discount on second ticket with paid Business Class ticket". So in this context 'paid' also means paid for with miles? Fantastic if this is the case, but I confess it seems to good to be true.

Shuttle

ISTFlyer Apr 25, 2020 5:54 am

Originally Posted by Shuttle (Post 32323408)
Thank you for the link. The table you link to states: "50% discount on second ticket with paid Business Class ticket". So in this context 'paid' also means paid for with miles? Fantastic if this is the case, but I confess it seems to good to be true.

Shuttle

The companion rates apply for the second award ticket.
Here is the mileage charts for those: https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-t...award-tickets/

As far as you might realize, TK is not advertising this feature as almost most of the Elite and Elite Plus members do not even know this exists. They simply purchase 2 business class tickets via the TK website or their TA without the discount.