50% Business Class discount Elite?

Old Apr 22, 20, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, TK Elite, FB Silver
50% Business Class discount Elite?

I remember TK stating that there is a 50% discount on companion Business Class Ticket for Elite members.

How can will i bee able to book such a ticket? Online? Elite desk?
Old Apr 22, 20, 2:27 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Gold, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by LH600 View Post
I remember TK stating that there is a 50% discount on companion Business Class Ticket for Elite members.

How can will i bee able to book such a ticket? Online? Elite desk?
You would need to call the hotline or contact a sales office. Also, not all hotline agents are able to book discounted companion tickets so you might need to HUACA several times.
By the way, the 50% discount only applies to the base fare, you would still need to pay the full taxes for the 2nd passenger.

Online does not work for the companion ticket discount.
Old Apr 23, 20, 4:28 am

Programs: TK*G (E+)
AFAIR 50% discount is from full C class only, so usually cheaper is to buy 2 J class
Old Apr 23, 20, 4:53 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Gold, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by dromack View Post
AFAIR 50% discount is from full C class only, so usually cheaper is to buy 2 J class
It applies to all fare classes, including award reservations ( 50% off the mileage amount ).
Old Apr 23, 20, 10:17 pm

Programs: Elite Plus M+S
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
It applies to all fare classes, including award reservations ( 50% off the mileage amount ).
Oh really? I never heard about that. Could you provide some written details of that, i.e. on the TK website?
Thks a lot in advance.
Old Apr 24, 20, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by kumpel64 View Post
Oh really? I never heard about that. Could you provide some written details of that, i.e. on the TK website?
Thks a lot in advance.
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-t...ges/index.html
Old Apr 24, 20, 6:59 am
Suspended

Programs: AF/KL FB Gold (E+) TK Elite (*G) QR Gold (OW Sapphire) IHG Platinum, B&W Diamont, Ascott Gold
Has anybody done it with the business limited awards? And how did you practically do it?
Old Apr 24, 20, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by GR15 View Post
Has anybody done it with the business limited awards? And how did you practically do it?
Via the hotline or via a sales office.
I generally visit one of the Istanbul sales offices ( Harbiye or Kızıltoprak ) to handle these kinds of issues and I'm all set within 10 minutes with no issues at all.
Old Apr 24, 20, 7:22 am
Suspended

Programs: AF/KL FB Gold (E+) TK Elite (*G) QR Gold (OW Sapphire) IHG Platinum, B&W Diamont, Ascott Gold
Via the hotline or via a sales office.
I generally visit one of the Istanbul sales offices ( Harbiye or Kızıltoprak ) to handle these kinds of issues and I'm all set within 10 minutes with no issues at all.
Thanks ISTFlyer, then I'll be setting my sights on a 50% companion business limited award trip, when it all opens up again.
Another question do you know if there is a list of international sales offices? The webside only provides dead links.
Thanks in advance
Old Apr 24, 20, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by GR15 View Post
Thanks ISTFlyer, then I'll be setting my sights on a 50% companion business limited award trip, when it all opens up again.
Another question do you know if there is a list of international sales offices? The webside only provides dead links.
Thanks in advance
The link to the list of all sales offices is available at the top of the WIKI of the Coronavirus thread.
Old Apr 24, 20, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, TK
I, too, had no idea about this. Or, rarher, I had, but thought ot was only for full fare business-class tickets.

So many thanks - even though it means I have overspent wildly on recent trips!
craigthemif and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Apr 24, 20, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, TK
oops - duplicate!
Old Apr 24, 20, 11:41 pm

Programs: Elite Plus M+S
" including award reservations ( 50% off the mileage amount )"

I was searching now for some details on the TK website. Thatīs what i found. But it isnīt 50 % off for awards. Or did i understand something wrong?

https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-t...award-tickets/

But i must say, i never heard about that before. Even my brother that is flying many times per year long distance flights with TK was not aware of that. Is it something quite new?
Old Apr 25, 20, 5:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK E+, LH Sen, Accor Plat, Base level: AF, AS, DL, Hilton, IHG
Thank you for the link. The table you link to states: "50% discount on second ticket with paid Business Class ticket". So in this context 'paid' also means paid for with miles? Fantastic if this is the case, but I confess it seems to good to be true.

Shuttle
Old Apr 25, 20, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
Thank you for the link. The table you link to states: "50% discount on second ticket with paid Business Class ticket". So in this context 'paid' also means paid for with miles? Fantastic if this is the case, but I confess it seems to good to be true.

Shuttle
The companion rates apply for the second award ticket.
Here is the mileage charts for those: https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-t...award-tickets/

As far as you might realize, TK is not advertising this feature as almost most of the Elite and Elite Plus members do not even know this exists. They simply purchase 2 business class tickets via the TK website or their TA without the discount.
Shuttle likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: