FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   First visit to new IST: some practical questions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1986777-first-visit-new-ist-some-practical-questions.html)

CoweyB Sep 10, 2019 5:28 pm

First visit to new IST: some practical questions

Well my first visit to the new IST is coming up this weekend and I have a few questions which I wonder if those who fly there more regularly than I do, can help me with:

1. Is there a left luggage office at IST? (If so where and how much to leave a suitcase?);

2. Does the Istanbulkart work on the Havaist buses and can you add more lira to the card at the airport?;

3. When arriving at IST by bus or taxi is there a separate Business Class entrance as there was at Atatürk?;

4. Is it possible to check in a bag for a TK flight the day before about 18 hours before departure? (I suspect not, but just asking!);

5. Finally, and most importantly, is there still a manti station inside the Lounge?

ISTFlyer Sep 10, 2019 7:24 pm

1- Yes, at the arrivals level. Have no information about the prices

2- Yes, you could use your Istanbulkart on Havaist buses. You could top-up your existing Istanbulkart at the machines at the public transportation level.

3- Entrance n:5

4- You should be able to check bags 24 hours before departure.

5- Yes, during lunch and dinner hours. Not after they remove food at night or during breakfast.

CoweyB Sep 11, 2019 1:20 am

Thanks ISTFlyer, what would we do without your local knowledge that you so freely share with the forum.

Lefly Sep 11, 2019 6:16 am

My first transit in IST will be next week and I already know i will be a bit lost :p

ISTFlyer Sep 11, 2019 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by CoweyB (Post 31512900)
Thanks ISTFlyer, what would we do without your local knowledge that you so freely share with the forum.

You're welcome. It's a pleasure helping people.

Originally Posted by Lefly (Post 31513391)
My first transit in IST will be next week and I already know i will be a bit lost :p

IST is an easy airport to navigate.

acf1270 Sep 17, 2019 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by CoweyB (Post 31511997)
Well my first visit to the new IST is coming up this weekend and I have a few questions which I wonder if those who fly there more regularly than I do, can help me with:

1. Is there a left luggage office at IST? (If so where and how much to leave a suitcase?);
36 TL/24 hrs per bag

2. Does the Istanbulkart work on the Havaist buses and can you add more lira to the card at the airport?;

3. When arriving at IST by bus or taxi is there a separate Business Class entrance as there was at Atatürk?;

4. Is it possible to check in a bag for a TK flight the day before about 18 hours before departure? (I suspect not, but just asking!);

5. Finally, and most importantly, is there still a manti station inside the Lounge?