Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

First visit to new IST: some practical questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2019, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold

Well my first visit to the new IST is coming up this weekend and I have a few questions which I wonder if those who fly there more regularly than I do, can help me with:

1. Is there a left luggage office at IST? (If so where and how much to leave a suitcase?);

2. Does the Istanbulkart work on the Havaist buses and can you add more lira to the card at the airport?;

3. When arriving at IST by bus or taxi is there a separate Business Class entrance as there was at Atatürk?;

4. Is it possible to check in a bag for a TK flight the day before about 18 hours before departure? (I suspect not, but just asking!);

5. Finally, and most importantly, is there still a manti station inside the Lounge?
Old Sep 10, 2019, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
1- Yes, at the arrivals level. Have no information about the prices

2- Yes, you could use your Istanbulkart on Havaist buses. You could top-up your existing Istanbulkart at the machines at the public transportation level.

3- Entrance n:5

4- You should be able to check bags 24 hours before departure.

5- Yes, during lunch and dinner hours. Not after they remove food at night or during breakfast.
CoweyB, vedatmahir and cln like this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Thanks ISTFlyer, what would we do without your local knowledge that you so freely share with the forum.
cln and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
My first transit in IST will be next week and I already know i will be a bit lost
Old Sep 11, 2019, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by CoweyB
Thanks ISTFlyer, what would we do without your local knowledge that you so freely share with the forum.
You're welcome. It's a pleasure helping people.

Originally Posted by Lefly
My first transit in IST will be next week and I already know i will be a bit lost
IST is an easy airport to navigate.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL-PM, TK-Elite, AA-lifetime gold, SPG-Plat
Originally Posted by CoweyB
Well my first visit to the new IST is coming up this weekend and I have a few questions which I wonder if those who fly there more regularly than I do, can help me with:

1. Is there a left luggage office at IST? (If so where and how much to leave a suitcase?);
36 TL/24 hrs per bag

2. Does the Istanbulkart work on the Havaist buses and can you add more lira to the card at the airport?;

3. When arriving at IST by bus or taxi is there a separate Business Class entrance as there was at Atatürk?;

4. Is it possible to check in a bag for a TK flight the day before about 18 hours before departure? (I suspect not, but just asking!);

5. Finally, and most importantly, is there still a manti station inside the Lounge?
CoweyB likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.