Wiki Posts
Search

30 minutes schedule change

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2024, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Turkish Airlines Gold
30 minutes schedule change

I've a 30 minute schedule change to my reward business flight. Does this mean I can change one of the flights free of charge? I'm looking to extend my stay in Istanbul and take advantage of the two nights stopover hotel.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Yes, this topic has been covered several times in other threads, also quite recently. Pls search.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 4:56 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
If you have used miles to get your ticket, they will most likely not allow a free change if there is no miles availability on your desired flight.
89703511961 likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 11:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
That might be true in practice, but it's not aligned with TK's schedule change policy, which does entitle one to a free change. Best recourse is to HUCA or bypass the call center entirely and work with a local sales office for involuntary rebooking.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 1:27 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
call center agents are of no help for this issue for award flights. they will only rebook if the same award class is open on the desired flights. they have no power to book into other award fare buckets or open a promo reward seat on the flight.
only backoffice in IST or a local sales office or filling out a feedback form can help.

usually you should be able to search for yourself on the website to rebook your flight. in case you don't find anything that you desire contact your local TK sales office.
ffay005 and Alfredbali like this.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice - I called the call centre and was told I was not eligible for a free change.

I then emailed the sales office asking to move the flight from IST to two days after the arrival to take advantage of the free stopover hotel program.

They replied, saying you're not eligible for the stopover program but we've changed your flights anyway. I know it was my fault not reading the T&Cs fully but though that was very poor to change the flights. They're refusing to change them back as it's one free change only.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 89703511961
They replied, saying you're not eligible for the stopover program but we've changed your flights anyway. I know it was my fault not reading the T&Cs fully but though that was very poor to change the flights. They're refusing to change them back as it's one free change only.
? You asked to get rebooked and now you regret it and want a second invol rebooking? I can certainly understand why this is not entertained.

Just book a hotel on your own; not that expensive in Istanbul.

Wait for another schedule change and rebook again by contacting the TK ticket office.
ffay005 and f0zzyNUE like this.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 3:07 am
Original Poster

As I said in my post it was ultimately my fault for not fully reading the terms and conditions.

I just find it bizarre that the sales office would reply to my email saying "Your ticket isn't eligible for the stopover program, but we changed it anyway" when I specifically said in the email the reason I'm changing it is to take advantage of the free stopover hotel.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They probably assumed that rebooking to a different date upon your request was more important to you than the free stopover program? I guess many of us could have made that reasonable assumption.
Just move on/book a hotel on your own - or wait for another schedule change.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 4:11 am
Original Poster

I'm not sure how that's a reasonable interpretation to be honest when it's clearly stated I'm changing them to take advantage of the stop over program. The only change extending the stay in IST from 23 hours (which would have gotten me a free transit hotel) to 49 hours for 2 nights stopover.

I can book a hotel, it's no problem. I just don't understand how anyone can think thats a reasonable interpretation.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
They probably assumed that rebooking to a different date upon your request was more important to you than the free stopover program? I guess many of us could have made that reasonable assumption.
Just move on/book a hotel on your own - or wait for another schedule change.
Everyone is free to assume whatever they want, but it would be nothing more than expected to confirm the assumption with the customer. Especially if the assumption involves something like assuming "'A' is more important than 'B'". How could TK possibly know which of A and B is more important to the customer without asking him?
Old Apr 12, 2024, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Just to close the loop, Turkish accepted it was their mistake and I'm back on the original flights foc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.