Community
Wiki Posts
Search

They sold me an impossible connection....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2015, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
They sold me an impossible connection....

25 Minutes in Istanbul.

Just back form a somewhat ruined business trip - partially my fault for not really paying attention, but on Monday I was flying Paris to Podgorica with TY, it wasn't until I was halfway to Istanbul trying to figure out the discrepancy between the IFE arrival time and my tickets that I realised that I had a total of 25 minutes connection time between my two flights.

Even in Munich LH will refuse to sell a ticket with that short a connection - every airline I know will refuse to sell tickets with impossible connections, and 25 minutes in Istanbul is definitely an impossible connection - in my (not insignificant) Istanbul experience it takes at least 20 minutes just to get on stand (in fact 35 on Monday).

Anyway, fight missed, had to argue to get re-booked on another routing which at least got me to me destination the same day (so only half of my meetings missed, and one client peeved).

Does anybody think this is due to the time change snafu - although I booked the flight on Friday after that had been announced?

In any case - is this the responsibility of TK or my travel agent?
Old Oct 28, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
It is your travel agent's responsibility to rebook you after a schedule change. TK would have flagged your booking as "schedule changed," so your TA should have noticed.

You're quite lucky that TK rebooked you once you arrived in IST - an illegal connection ticketed by the TA means that they could have told you that you're SOL.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 6:31 am

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles Elite Plus
It's definitely your TA's fault. I think TK was very niece to rebook you and not make you buy another ticket.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 9:04 am

Programs: BAEC
So your TA agent issued tickets with an illegal connection, and the TK agent in CDG issued you boarding passes with an illegal connection? Sounds to me like both your TA and TK messed up. Having said that, you should have checked the connections too. Did your TA mention the connection? They could have booked you a 23h55m one, which I guess also would have been unacceptable. Luckily you made it there in the end, and in future you'll double check all the details before boarding your flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.