Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flolee
Update March 2015: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2015, 5:33 am

Programs: TK Elite *A Gold, Air Berlin Gold - One World Sapphire, Westjet Gold, Avis Preferred, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by FFlash
Update: Elite card arrived in my postbox today. A nice tiny letter with an A4 briefing card attached, nothing more.
Happy to get it finally, it probably came only after requesting through lost card.
At least I learned also there is a dedicated hotline for elite&+ members which I did not know
No full package for you then? No luggage tag?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 5:43 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by zontar2010
No full package for you then? No luggage tag?
As said, no luggage tags, nothing. Just one Elite card and an A4 welcome letter.
Tags I do have enough anyway, just PM me which one you like
Old Mar 10, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: UA *G MM
I got notification of my third shipment from TK. This time to my US PO Box, which was my original address when I signed up. I subsequently changed to a Swedish address where I received two "lost card" deliveries.

I have not collected it yet but it is described as a "package" so maybe more than a card.

Earlier speculations about not receiving anything a) in the US and b) if you have not credited to TK were clearly incorrect.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 4:18 pm

A3 *G Match

I'm attempting to match from A3 G. TK keeps asking me for a statement, but AFAIK A3 does not have an email/PDF statement as UA, for example. I've taken screenshots of account activity, but they didn't seem to want that.

For those that have succeeded matching from A3, what did you use for the statement? Did you save the online activity to a PDF file? Is there some statement that I overlooked?

Did a search but couldn't find this topic. Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by leixusam
I'm attempting to match from A3 G. TK keeps asking me for a statement, but AFAIK A3 does not have an email/PDF statement as UA, for example. I've taken screenshots of account activity, but they didn't seem to want that.

For those that have succeeded matching from A3, what did you use for the statement? Did you save the online activity to a PDF file? Is there some statement that I overlooked?

Good question, for my A3 match, I planned to attach PDF (print out of my online activity) since I don't believe A3 has an official "statement" (Aeroplan doesn't either)
Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:09 am

Programs: Turkish Elite, British Airways Silver
Originally Posted by leixusam

I think I took a screenshot of the account activity, copied it into Word, and uploaded that. Worked ok as the match took only a week or two to be confirmed.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 4:10 am

Programs: TK Elite *A Gold, Air Berlin Gold - One World Sapphire, Westjet Gold, Avis Preferred, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by jerryhung
Good question, for my A3 match, I planned to attach PDF (print out of my online activity) since I don't believe A3 has an official "statement" (Aeroplan doesn't either)
For AC they don't have an account PDF either, what I did was save my online account activity and balance as a PDF, also did that for my TK activity and that seemed to work.

ZT
Old Mar 11, 2015, 4:25 am

Programs: Many
Status match asked for my wife on the 2nd of March was granted today (11th). It was based on AF/KL Platinum.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 9:08 pm

Programs: Aegean Airlines
Originally Posted by Timbuku
Update: I received my *G card in the post today, 14 days after I got the status match confirmation email.
Hi Timbuku,

Did it take 14 business days or calendar days to get the status match confirmation email?

I sent my application on Feb 25th, I am wondering whether I should send a reminder to them or..?

Thanks!
p
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:22 pm

Succesfuly matched to Turkish Elite (*A Gold) from AA EXP. Did not have my EXP 2015-2016 card but did send screenshots of recent activity, current status, card on the app and a scan of my 2014-2015 card.

Emailed them and it took about ~9 days to the get magic email back.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 2:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXEC PLAT, TK*G
Originally Posted by stats787
Hi Timbuku,

Did it take 14 business days or calendar days to get the status match confirmation email?

I sent my application on Feb 25th, I am wondering whether I should send a reminder to them or..?
My timeline:

Feb 11 - sent the status match request via contact form with all documents.
Feb 24 - I got the confirmation email that my status was matched (there were no other emails or requests). I sent them a photo of my BA Card + PDF BA Account Statement with last transactions.
Mar 10 - I got the card in the post (just a letter with the card, nothing else)
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:11 pm

Programs: Aegean Airlines
Originally Posted by Timbuku
My timeline:

Feb 11 - sent the status match request via contact form with all documents.
Feb 24 - I got the confirmation email that my status was matched (there were no other emails or requests). I sent them a photo of my BA Card + PDF BA Account Statement with last transactions.
Mar 10 - I got the card in the post (just a letter with the card, nothing else)
Thanks! this is very helpful. ^
Old Mar 13, 2015, 1:53 pm
lsi

Requested a status match with BA Silver today, explaining that I have several trips both to Asia and the US coming which I will route through IST if I have a compelling reason to do so.

Will be interesting to see what happens.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 10:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by lsi
Requested a status match with BA Silver today, explaining that I have several trips both to Asia and the US coming which I will route through IST if I have a compelling reason to do so.

Will be interesting to see what happens.
As the wiki states, they match only the top tier status in any alliance for example One World Emerald (BA Gold) etc.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 5:02 pm
lsi

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
As the wiki states, they match only the top tier status in any alliance for example One World Emerald (BA Gold) etc.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Quite, so I'm not holding my breath. Did get the impression from the thread that it's not 100% consistent though, so thought it was worth having a go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.