Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amenity Kits

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by merijn
I just returned from BKK and received the new new Formia ( i believe ) business class amenity kit.
I'm not really impressed its nice but nothing special and no any TK logo unless i overlooked it.
Yes, same route new amenity bag. Forgot my piece on the plane. Looked pretty same than the old one when i glanced over.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 5:27 pm

Programs: milesandsmiles elite+
I look forward to the little pencil case more than anything else.But I welcome the change...those blue- almost leather things weren't useful at all.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 7:04 am

Looks like they will be staying for a few years so when I fly then in April next year should get one.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 1:55 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Cosmetics offered in Business short haul? I flew MAD-IST in J back in March and did not see anything. I will fly LAX-IST in Nov and look forward to these goodies, even though I will be in the back of the bus.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by merijn
I just returned from BKK and received the new new Formia ( i believe ) business class amenity kit.
I'm not really impressed its nice but nothing special and no any TK logo unless i overlooked it.
I'm not impressed either... the Y kits look nicer than the J ones.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: Emirates, Thai, TK
New Amenity Kits By Formia

I also received no 3 times the new iPad case amenity kit.
Very very basic and after one iPad case it is not interesting any more.
Noticed that on the outbound leg from its to bkk they where issuing the iPad case and the normal kit on the return leg.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 4:45 pm

September

I got the old one from BKK to IST
The new one from IST to LAX

Both flights are early September!

I will report back on the return flights next week!

Carfield
Old Mar 13, 2013, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Amenity Kits

I flew IST-JNB in February and JNB-IST last Monday. On the outbound I got a Crabtree & Evelyn amenity kit, on the return one from Lavin Perfumes. Basic contents the same, but the Crabtree bag and presentation are much nicer.

Has TK switched supplier? If so, I do not think it is an improvement.

Johan

Last edited by johan rebel; Mar 13, 2013 at 11:08 am
Old Mar 13, 2013, 9:29 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus; UA Gold Elite; Marriott Platinum Elite
They seem to change all the time. Sometimes I get one that I haven't seen for awhile, and sometimes I get new ones, even on the same flights.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 3:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
I like the fact that they change them often. I for one like much more the Lanvin set, I find the products nicer and bag great for my computer cables, batteries, small headphones, etc
Old Mar 14, 2013, 4:09 am

I'll try and remember to update here once I've done my LGW-IST-NRT in a few weeks time.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CAlex
I like the fact that they change them often. I for one like much more the Lanvin set, I find the products nicer and bag great for my computer cables, batteries, small headphones, etc
Back in the days when KL was still a quality airline they had a series of amenity kits with the same quality contents, but in different shapes: ticket folder, shoe bag, pencil case, toilet bag etc. You never knew which one would be offered on any given flight, but I you flew often enough you would soon end up with a complete set. Over 15 years later, I still have a bunch of them in use for various purposes.

The amenity kit's contents don't interest me that much. At most I use the slumber shades and earplugs, although I usually already have a set in my own bag, as I have a toothbrush, toothpaste, comb etc. If I have space in my backpack I will take the amenity kit with me to give away to unfortunate friends who fly longhaul in economy.

Johan

Last edited by johan rebel; Apr 5, 2013 at 2:50 pm Reason: typos & punctuation
Old Apr 4, 2013, 10:21 am

Nothing on the LGW-IST flight, although that seems to be standard for intra-Euro C flights.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 7:05 pm

Received the Crabtree & Evelyn kit - guess it's the one people refer to as the iPad case on my IST-NRT leg.
Old May 2, 2013, 8:20 am

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Amenity Kits

Any idea what current offering is in long haul J? Flying IST-YYZ at end of month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.