FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trusted Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers-732/)
-   -   [Updated] Trusted Travelers Programs Reinstated for NY State Residents (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers/2007770-updated-trusted-travelers-programs-reinstated-ny-state-residents.html)

YVR Cockroach Feb 7, 2020 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by jix (Post 32045554)
Nexus renewal removed today.

Anyone knows if one can get TSA Pre as Canadian without going through Nexus?

Details. Resident in NY?

jix Feb 7, 2020 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach (Post 32045580)
Details. Resident in NY?

Yes, otherwise wouldn't be affected.

I see TSAPre is only offered for US citizens and PR and I'm neither, so don't think there's any alternative for me and I use GE/Nexus at least once a month.

Now I question why Canada doesn't have its own expediated entry like GE for its own citizenships and has to depend on US?

YVR Cockroach Feb 7, 2020 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by jix (Post 32045614)
Now I question why Canada doesn't have its own expediated entry like GE for its own citizenships and has to depend on US?

Had (for commercial travellers). Was discontinued. Time to revive it perhaps (after the coup/commencement of civil war)

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/canpass/menu-eng.html

Randyk47 Feb 7, 2020 7:47 pm

Local friend here in Texas has a daughter in New York. We had drinks this evening and he shared that she sent him a text earlier that her scheduled renewal interview and application had been canceled. She had no further information, at least none she shared with her father.

sethb Feb 8, 2020 12:48 am

Originally Posted by dr benway (Post 32042892)
NY resident. checking my TTP dashboard, my July 2019 application has been deleted by CBP

there is a tab for further info, but it has no information there

If they haven't refunded your payment, I recommend doing a chargeback on your credit card.

dr benway Feb 8, 2020 1:18 am

Originally Posted by sethb (Post 32046863)
If they haven't refunded your payment, I recommend doing a chargeback on your credit card.

at over six months since the charge was made, the chargeback/dispute period may have expired

rrgg Feb 8, 2020 7:44 am

Originally Posted by dr benway (Post 32042892)
NY resident. checking my TTP dashboard, my July 2019 application has been deleted by CBP

there is a tab for further info, but it has no information there

<redacted by moderator>

Refunds: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32040860-post124.html

Seattleguy10 Feb 8, 2020 2:37 pm

Wa state renewals

Originally Posted by maninblack (Post 32040845)
We just got word that NY residents will be prevented from applying online for GE.

Conditionally approved applicants and those in "pending risk assessment" phases will be cancelled, and refunded.

Current members of NY will retain their membership until it expires.

. Hi there, I live in Seattle and I renewed my application 08/14 and it still shows pending. My first application was approved in a few hours back in 2015 but I was in Oregon at the time. I moved back to Seattle in 2017 and I believe I changed my address online for the global entry not in person. I’m not sure if that’s the reason my application is taking forever since I changed address and job. Do you know the current processing time for applications? Thanks a lot

N104UA Feb 8, 2020 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Cat88L3 (Post 32045228)
I'm a NY resident. I applied for GE renewal on 9/1/19. My application has been pending ever since. I checked for my status this morning and my entire application is gone. It has been deleted.

Are you disputing the charge on your CC?

TWA884 Feb 8, 2020 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Seattleguy10 (Post 32048855)
. Hi there, I live in Seattle and I renewed my application 08/14 and it still shows pending. My first application was approved in a few hours back in 2015 but I was in Oregon at the time. I moved back to Seattle in 2017 and I believe I changed my address online for the global entry not in person. I’m not sure if that’s the reason my application is taking forever since I changed address and job. Do you know the current processing time for applications? Thanks a lot

​​​​​​Seattleguy10,

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

We have a thread discussing Global Entry renewal timelines:

Global Entry Renewal

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

Smiley90 Feb 8, 2020 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by jix (Post 32045554)
Nexus renewal removed today.

Anyone knows if one can get TSA Pre as Canadian without going through Nexus?

Yes, I have GE&Nexus via Canadian passport and I get TSAPre with it when departing US airports.

YVR Cockroach Feb 8, 2020 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90 (Post 32049152)
Yes, I have GE&Nexus via Canadian passport and I get TSAPre with it when departing US airports.

The poser of the question was asking whether they (singular), as a non-U.S. LPR Canadian citizen, could get TSA PreCheck as a standalone, since they being NY state resident, apparently has lost GE (and probably Nexus).

Smiley90 Feb 8, 2020 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach (Post 32049231)
The poser of the question was asking whether they (singular), as a non-U.S. LPR Canadian citizen, could get TSA PreCheck as a standalone, since they being NY state resident, apparently has lost GE (and probably Nexus).

Oh - I misunderstood. I somehow read that to ask if you can get TSAPre if you got Nexus/GE via a Canadian passport instead of a US passport. (the answer to which would be yes). My bad.

Given that 3 years of Nexus/GE/TSAPre when applying from Canada is only 50CAD it's probably cheaper than whatever TSAPre standalone would cost anyway though so I'd just apply via that...

YVR Cockroach Feb 8, 2020 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90 (Post 32049256)
Given that 3 years of Nexus/GE/TSAPre when applying from Canada is only 50CAD it's probably cheaper than whatever TSAPre standalone would cost anyway though so I'd just apply via that...

Normally it would be, but it would appear anyone resident in NY is SOL for any and all (except Pre Check, at least for now).

TWA884 Feb 8, 2020 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach (Post 32049231)

According to the TSA Pre✓® FAQ page:

Who can apply for TSA Pre✓®?

The TSA Pre✓® application program membership is only open to U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals and lawful permanent residents. Applicants may be ineligible due to incomplete or false application information, violations of transportation security regulations, or disqualifying criminal offenses and factors.
So far, New York residents are still eligible for TSA Pre✓ membership as long as they are US citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents.