Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Do NEXUS Members Need to Schedule an Interview for APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do NEXUS Members Need to Schedule an Interview for APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC)?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2019, 4:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I’m a Canadian citizen with Nexus. I applied for ABTC and was conditionally approved online. I walked into the Global Entry office at SeaTac airport one morning before a flight to ask how to book the interview. At first they were a bit confused if they could do the interview for a Canadian or not but one of the guys said they could. The “interview” was maybe 3 minutes max, and I was in and out in less than 10 minutes.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: United
Thanks jjava.

Unfortunately the SFO airport has signs up saying "no walk-ins"

Can I ask... When you were conditionally approved, on the TTP website it showed "schedule an interview" but you were able to just walk in? That could be great news for me..

How about passport updates?
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
For what it is worth I work about ten minutes north of SFO. Was “conditionally” approved for ABTC, so made the lap down during my lunch break. Was told by an officer to wait for my appointment, or interview during my next entry.

My next entry was about two months later, and I had an arrival interview. Less than a week later my card arrived.

Still getting over the design; kinda looks like a drivers license.

Fast forward to this week: took about a minute to clear customs in Shanghai, and made it to the hotel before a colleague reached baggage claim.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
For what it is worth I work about ten minutes north of SFO. Was “conditionally” approved for ABTC, so made the lap down during my lunch break. Was told by an officer to wait for my appointment, or interview during my next entry.

My next entry was about two months later, and I had an arrival interview. Less than a week later my card arrived.

Still getting over the design; kinda looks like a drivers license.

Fast forward to this week: took about a minute to clear customs in Shanghai, and made it to the hotel before a colleague reached baggage claim.
Are you Canadian? When I arrived at SFO, the officer said my passport changed and he couldn't update my "conditionally" approved ABTC application. The only place I can do an interview is at a NEXUS location... Which means I need to fly to Vancouver to do it...
Old Nov 4, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by Seat52K
Are you Canadian? When I arrived at SFO, the officer said my passport changed and he couldn't update my "conditionally" approved ABTC application. The only place I can do an interview is at a NEXUS location... Which means I need to fly to Vancouver to do it...
While I have family in Canada, I'm a US citizen. Might you have Nexus and not Global Entry?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Yes, that is correct. I am a NEXUS member.

Anyone else with a view here? It seems the only way to update my passport in the system is to visit a NEXUS location? It seems to be the only place I can schedule an interview as well. Doh
Old Apr 26, 2021, 2:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, CX MPC SL, HHonors Diamond
ABTC interview

Situation:

Have Nexus as US citizen
Applied for ABTC and am Conditionally approved
Seems I can only book ABTC interview at Nexus centers, not any GE center, and there are no appointments available.

Is this an error or supposed to be this way?
Old Apr 26, 2021, 8:03 am

Programs: AA: Exec Plat; AC: 75K; JX: Explorer; HH: Dia; Bonvoy: Gold; Wyndham: Dia
All NEXUS offices are currently closed for interviews while US/Canada border remains closed for all but essential travel. Some new and renewing GE and NEXUS applications requiring an interview are showing a Remote interview option. However, only remote interviews for GE have been noted by users of this Trusted Travelers forum. Are you seeing a Remote interview option? There may be no open interview slots showing as available, as is the case currently for NEXUS.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CX MPC SL, HHonors Diamond
Ah, my question was whether it would be possible to do it at an Non-Nexus center instead of a nexus center. I believe those are open.

i guess I will wait till I am in the US in a few months and will try walk into a GE enrollment to provide signature
Old Apr 8, 2022, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by tdlim
Ah, my question was whether it would be possible to do it at an Non-Nexus center instead of a nexus center. I believe those are open.

i guess I will wait till I am in the US in a few months and will try walk into a GE enrollment to provide signature

Hi, the CBP website says you can goto any TTP enrollment location if you already have any of the GE/Nexus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.