Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

ABTC - APEC Interview - how to schedule

Old Oct 17, 19, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United

I'm a NEXUS member with a partially approved ABTC process. The issue is that I need to schedule a ABTC interview but when I log into the TTP portal, the locations that are available to choose, I think, are NEXUS only locations? The San Francisco airport location doesn't show up, and they don't accept walk-ins. So, here I am in California with a valid NEXUS card and a partially approved ABTC but I cannot contact any center by phone (dialed 10 of them), cannot contact the TTP program, have sent emails, but no response.

Any recommendations on what to do?
Old Oct 18, 19, 11:18 am
Original Poster

I call to the local Global Entry office and they advised that they only process ABTC cards for US citizens at the SFO airport. Is this correct? I did my NEXUS interview in Detroit....
Old Oct 21, 19, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Anyone with a suggestion?

Can a ABTC interview for a Canadian with NEXUS be done at all of the airport centers or is it just the Canadian border locations?
If I had applied with a different passport number (temporary) and now I have my full passport. Is it possible to change it during the interview?
Old Oct 21, 19, 12:07 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
I have no personal experience, however, according to the Canada Border Services Agency website:
Applications and renewals are coordinated through the U.S. Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) System. Once your application is approved, you will be asked to visit an Enrolment Centre to finalize your enrolment and provide a digitized signature. You will then receive your card by mail.
Seems like any Global Entry Enrollment Center will do. To the best of my knowledge, no appointments are required in order to stop by to update documents or provide a digital signature for the ABTC/APEC card.
Old Oct 22, 19, 5:00 am

Programs: Alaska 75K Gold, Delta PM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
I’m a Canadian citizen with Nexus. I applied for ABTC and was conditionally approved online. I walked into the Global Entry office at SeaTac airport one morning before a flight to ask how to book the interview. At first they were a bit confused if they could do the interview for a Canadian or not but one of the guys said they could. The “interview” was maybe 3 minutes max, and I was in and out in less than 10 minutes.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Oct 23, 19, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Thanks jjava.

Unfortunately the SFO airport has signs up saying "no walk-ins"

Can I ask... When you were conditionally approved, on the TTP website it showed "schedule an interview" but you were able to just walk in? That could be great news for me..

How about passport updates?
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Oct 30, 19, 10:26 am

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: Lifetime United Club stolen by Oscar “The Grouch” Munoz on 11.11.19
For what it is worth I work about ten minutes north of SFO. Was “conditionally” approved for ABTC, so made the lap down during my lunch break. Was told by an officer to wait for my appointment, or interview during my next entry.

My next entry was about two months later, and I had an arrival interview. Less than a week later my card arrived.

Still getting over the design; kinda looks like a drivers license.

Fast forward to this week: took about a minute to clear customs in Shanghai, and made it to the hotel before a colleague reached baggage claim.
Old Nov 3, 19, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer View Post
For what it is worth I work about ten minutes north of SFO. Was “conditionally” approved for ABTC, so made the lap down during my lunch break. Was told by an officer to wait for my appointment, or interview during my next entry.

My next entry was about two months later, and I had an arrival interview. Less than a week later my card arrived.

Still getting over the design; kinda looks like a drivers license.

Fast forward to this week: took about a minute to clear customs in Shanghai, and made it to the hotel before a colleague reached baggage claim.
Are you Canadian? When I arrived at SFO, the officer said my passport changed and he couldn't update my "conditionally" approved ABTC application. The only place I can do an interview is at a NEXUS location... Which means I need to fly to Vancouver to do it...
Old Nov 4, 19, 12:54 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: Lifetime United Club stolen by Oscar “The Grouch” Munoz on 11.11.19
Originally Posted by Seat52K View Post
Are you Canadian? When I arrived at SFO, the officer said my passport changed and he couldn't update my "conditionally" approved ABTC application. The only place I can do an interview is at a NEXUS location... Which means I need to fly to Vancouver to do it...
While I have family in Canada, I'm a US citizen. Might you have Nexus and not Global Entry?
Old Nov 5, 19, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Yes, that is correct. I am a NEXUS member.

Anyone else with a view here? It seems the only way to update my passport in the system is to visit a NEXUS location? It seems to be the only place I can schedule an interview as well. Doh

Search this Thread