FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trusted Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers-732/)
-   -   TTP - Trusted Traveler Programs Website -Info, Help, Bugs & Glitches (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers/1866778-ttp-trusted-traveler-programs-website-info-help-bugs-glitches.html)

Mountain Trader Aug 7, 2019 12:25 am

Originally Posted by mnbp (Post 31379080)
You need to fix your Authenticator app from login.gov.

How do I do that?

Thanks for any advice.

AboutTreeFiddy Aug 19, 2019 9:23 am

TTP Website Down?

Tried to login today multiple times and a few times got an error telling me to try again later and redirected to landing page for TTP. Last time got this message:This website is under heavy load (queue full)

We're sorry, too many people are accessing this website at the same time. We're working on this problem. Please try again later.

Anybody else seeing this?

After several more tries it worked.

Randyk47 Aug 19, 2019 9:31 am

Just checked the status of my renewal. Other than I’m still stuck in “pending review” no problem signing on.

TWA884 Aug 19, 2019 1:40 pm

Moderator's note

For indexing and future search purposes, posts discussing the how a Global Entry member who just became a Green Card holder can apply for or receive a Global Entry card were moved to the following thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

me10lee83 Aug 28, 2019 8:12 am

Change TTP username?

Is it possible to change your TTP username? I've changed the email on the account, but the username remains the oild email.

TWA884 Aug 28, 2019 9:05 am

You can delete your account and create a new one.
How do I delete my account?

Deleting your account is the first step to resetting it or combining multiple accounts. If you do not have access to your two-factor authentication method, it will take at least 24 hours to delete your account.

After you delete your account, you will not be able to sign in to the government applications that you normally use this account for. You will not lose the information in those application profiles, but you will need to relink a new login.gov account to be able to sign in to them.

danib62 Aug 29, 2019 7:45 am

if you go to login.gov and go to manage account you can add a second email address and then delete the one you no longer want to use. Since your email is your login you can use the new one instead.

BigE Sep 9, 2019 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by Ordiesel (Post 31043388)
Just an update to my question that I had posted yesterday. I was unable to proceed past the passport information page. I even deleted and reentered my passport information several times to no avail. I just gave up and deleted my application. I then went back into the CBP website and started a new renewal application. Everything worked flawlessly this time

This was a life-saver. Thanks! I had the same problem and couldn't get past the passport page in any browser. Every time I tried it seemed to create a new renewal application. I tried emailing CBP but, this being the government, they hadn't replied even weeks later. But the trick of simply deleting all the old applications did the trick immediately.

P.S. CBP has a webpage for this exact error. Here is their very unhelpful advice:
"There are a number of things that could be causing you problems." Thanks.
"This could be a web browser or fire wall problem. Chrome, Safari and FireFox are not currently supported browsers." Wow.

AKBasqUkr Feb 14, 2020 9:56 am

2FA failure on ttp.cbp.dhs.gov

I applied for renewal 8/29/2019. So 169 days waiting. Until this last week, 2FA (2 Factor Authentication) has always functioned when logging on. Now it's stopped. I preferred having 2FA to provide extra security for access to my account and application. Has this happened to anyone else?

ALW Feb 14, 2020 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by AKBasqUkr (Post 32071967)
I applied for renewal 8/29/2019. So 169 days waiting. Until this last week, 2FA (2 Factor Authentication) has always functioned when logging on. Now it's stopped. I preferred having 2FA to provide extra security for access to my account and application. Has this happened to anyone else?

The only thing that happened to me was a week or 2 ago I logged in to update a document, and instead of asking how I wanted to confirm it just came back with "we're calling you with your code" and the phone rang. Problem was it was about 2am and if texting didn't work (I couldn't remember if they accepted my not-mobile-but-takes-SMS) I'd have waited for morning.

=aw

croydonflyer Jun 10, 2020 2:36 am

Lost Access to TTP Account (Pending Global Entry Approval) - New Account?

Hi all,

I applied for Global Entry (USA) at the beginning of February and I am still waiting for conditional approval.
I gather this is normal these days.

Unfortunately, I recently reset my phone and (not really knowing how these things work) failed to backup my Google Authentication app which generates the 2-factor authentication code for me to login.
Therefore, I cannot log into my account anymore to check on progress as I am locked out without the ability to generate a code.

According to the website, there is no recovery option, only an option to delete the account and create a new one under the same email address.

Has anyone been locked out of their account in a similar fashion before?
If I create a new login.gov account under the same email address, will I be able to link my GE application to it?
If not, how the hell do I follow progress and, if approved, create an interview appointment?

Hope there is a solution. At least I have learnt by lesson the hard way with this Auth apps - might use SMS codes next time.

Thanks!

TWA884 Jun 10, 2020 10:43 am

From the Login.gov website:

You will need your PASSID to link your pending Global Entry application to the new Login.gov account.

Reset or relink my login.gov account for TTP

• After you delete your account, go to https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/ to create a new account.
  • Once you have created a new account, fill out the information on the account profile page, and at the bottom, you will see a section for previous applications. Under “Have you ever applied for Global Entry, NEXUS, or SENTRI?”, select “Yes.”
  • You will be able to link this new account with your old GOES account by providing your PASSID. If you have trouble with your PASSID, please contact CBP directly: https://help.cbp.gov/app/ask.

croydonflyer Jun 10, 2020 10:50 am

Thanks - I will try that, thankfully I found the Pass ID in and old email I sent to customer services a while back (otherwise I'd have no idea what my ID is).

croydonflyer Jun 10, 2020 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884 (Post 32445264)
From the Login.gov website:

You will need your PASSID to link your pending Global Entry application to the new Login.gov account.

It worked, thank you!
Problem solved (and used SMS code access this time, works with UK numbers)

FTDDD Jul 1, 2020 5:48 pm

I just came here after doing a Google search for the error message on the website. After some research I found out that I needed to activate my Windows system clock to autosync with the current timezone etc. This fixed the error immediately. Hope someone finds this helpful! Best of luck

QtownDave Sep 1, 2020 8:12 am

I needed to update my GE passport information so using Chrome on a Win 10 desktop I followed the bouncing ball and created a account at login.gov but the login button at ttp.dhs.gov either does nothing or doesn’t show at all. I tried two different laptops and it’s the same. I waited a few days thinking they were having technical issues but still nothing.

I then downloaded Firefox and everything worked as it should and I was able to log in and make the changes. No clue why Chrome still doesn’t work. Anyone have the same issue?

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...3a5baebe8d.jpg

Nayef Sep 1, 2020 6:40 pm

I was able to go on that site just fine on Chrome right now.

armouredant Sep 2, 2020 5:47 am

Originally Posted by QtownDave (Post 32644737)
I needed to update my GE passport information so using Chrome on a Win 10 desktop I followed the bouncing ball and created a account at login.gov but the login button at ttp.dhs.gov either does nothing or doesn’t show at all. I tried two different laptops and it’s the same. I waited a few days thinking they were having technical issues but still nothing.

I then downloaded Firefox and everything worked as it should and I was able to log in and make the changes. No clue why Chrome still doesn’t work. Anyone have the same issue?

Looks like a problem with your browser loading the first-preferred font used on the buttons (Roboto), nothing more.

QtownDave Sep 2, 2020 5:56 am

Originally Posted by armouredant (Post 32646908)
Looks like a problem with your browser loading the first-preferred font used on the buttons (Roboto), nothing more.

Can you please better explain what that means and better yet, how to fix it? BTW, it’s not just that the words in the box don’t appear it’s that nothing happens when I click the boxes.

Edit – If I use Chrome’s Incognito mode then the buttons appear and I’m able to log in to my account. Strange

Edit Edit - It was my VPN extension that is causing the issue. Turning it off allows the Log In boxes to display and work.

hiddenmuse Apr 3, 2021 1:15 pm

Received Global Entry/PreCheck in 2017 but can't log into account

My husband and I applied for and received Global Entry + TSA Precheck in 2017, with the understanding it was good for five years. We haven't traveled in the last year or so because of the pandemic, but I'm booking flights now and decided to go find out when exactly our GE expires so I could start the process of renewing if needed. When I try to check the status of my TSA Precheck on the Dept. of Homeland Security website, they say they can't find anyone with my information (and my address, phone number, name, email, etc are all exactly the same as when I applied). The back part of my brain seems to remember the program changing at some point. I've read that our Known Traveler Numbers should start with TT, but ours don't—they're 9 digit numbers. We never received any information about transferring our accounts to a new program, and the URL that I have where I accessed our GE applications while we were going through that process appears to be dead now (goes-app.cbp.dhs dot gov).

Am I just going to have to apply all over again? Is there any way I can track down our accounts at this point or did I miss a memo somewhere and am just out of luck?

TWA884 Apr 3, 2021 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by hiddenmuse (Post 33149169)
My husband and I applied for and received Global Entry + TSA Precheck in 2017, with the understanding it was good for five years. We haven't traveled in the last year or so because of the pandemic, but I'm booking flights now and decided to go find out when exactly our GE expires so I could start the process of renewing if needed. When I try to check the status of my TSA Precheck on the Dept. of Homeland Security website, they say they can't find anyone with my information (and my address, phone number, name, email, etc are all exactly the same as when I applied). The back part of my brain seems to remember the program changing at some point. I've read that our Known Traveler Numbers should start with TT, but ours don't—they're 9 digit numbers. We never received any information about transferring our accounts to a new program, and the URL that I have where I accessed our GE applications while we were going through that process appears to be dead now (goes-app.cbp.dhs dot gov).

Am I just going to have to apply all over again? Is there any way I can track down our accounts at this point or did I miss a memo somewhere and am just out of luck?

Known Traveler Numbers have 9 digits and no letters.

You have to set up a Login.gov account and migrate your old GOES data to the new TTP system.

hiddenmuse Apr 3, 2021 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884 (Post 33149328)
Known Traveler Numbers have 9 digits and no letters.

You have to set up a Login.gov account and migrate your old GOES data to the new TTP system.

THANK YOU! I knew I’d read about something changing and I guess wasn’t using the right search terms to get me there. That worked, and I’m able to see my program expiration date now. Woo!

nrr Apr 7, 2021 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by hiddenmuse (Post 33149169)

Didn't you get a GE CARD? That should have your expiration date, it also is accepted at TSA in lieu of "real id".

moyashimon Apr 15, 2021 1:11 pm

Global Entry Application Payment and Submitting Not Going Through?

I have filled out the first time application for Global Entry and arrived at the page where it shows green check marks next to 'select program' and 'fill out application' but empty circle next to 'pay fee' and grayed out hourglass for 'wait for conditional approval'.

I clicked on the blue submit application button and went through the payment page using AMEX Platinum to pay for the $100 application fee.

Upon payment, I was taken back to the dashboard with the green check marks. It still shows that I need to pay and submit. I checked my AMEX account and it shows $100 fee from US CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION but pending.

Do I need to wait few days for the payment to be processed and have the application to be submitted? From looking around the forum, it sounds like people have been able to pay and get the message saying that the application has been submitted right way. I did not receive any email or update upon payment saying that the payment has been accepted or any confirmation. Thank you.

zitsky May 28, 2021 6:37 am

Change password?

Does anyone know how to change password on the TTP site? I have gone through FAQs. Can't figure it out.

Mods, I meant to post in top forum. Please move as necessary.

TWA884 May 28, 2021 6:57 am

Originally Posted by zitsky (Post 33285389)
Does anyone know how to change password on the TTP site? I have gone through FAQs. Can't figure it out.

You need to reset your Login.gov password.

zitsky May 28, 2021 7:52 am

Originally Posted by TWA884 (Post 33285425)
You need to reset your Login.gov password.

Thanks. 12 character password. That's different.

jp-mco Jun 23, 2021 8:23 am

I attempted to login into the TTP website today after not doing so for over a year and although I was able to login with ID, password and one-time code I'm unable to get to My Dashboard and keep getting error code 99. Does anybody know what this is and how to resolve it? Thank you

stewaran Jun 23, 2021 8:54 am

Originally Posted by jp-mco (Post 33350711)
I attempted to login into the TTP website today after not doing so for over a year and although I was able to login with ID, password and one-time code I'm unable to get to My Dashboard and keep getting error code 99. Does anybody know what this is and how to resolve it? Thank you

I was getting this earlier today, but i can see the dashboard again now, Although schedule an interview still does not work!

jp-mco Jun 23, 2021 9:39 am

Originally Posted by stewaran (Post 33350780)
I was getting this earlier today, but i can see the dashboard again now, Although schedule an interview still does not work!

I appreciate the reply - it appears to be working fine now!

serpens Nov 30, 2021 7:28 am

When I was trying to renew Global Entry, I entered information for the new passport. Then the site kept saying something about an invalid passport. That was irritating.

In case anyone else encounters this, my workaround was to go back a step, which cleared the error. (I discovered this by accident when I simply gave up and was backing out with the intention of trying again some other day. After I went back a step, the red x changed to a green check on the progress bar. I'm sorry I can't be more descriptive.)

beltway Nov 30, 2021 9:53 am

Originally Posted by serpens (Post 33770937)
When I was trying to renew Global Entry, I entered information for the new passport. Then the site kept saying something about an invalid passport. That was irritating.

In case anyone else encounters this, my workaround was to go back a step, which cleared the error. (I discovered this by accident when I simply gave up and was backing out with the intention of trying again some other day. After I went back a step, the red x changed to a green check on the progress bar. I'm sorry I can't be more descriptive.)

I had a similar experience. The basic recommendation here is spot on: be persistent even if it looks as if the site is rejecting your new passport info.

To be clear, this was only in the process of applying for GE renewal. Before that, I could not get the site to accept info on my new passport (issued mid-October) no matter how many times I tried, probably because it had only been a month or so since issuance.

miamiflyer8 Dec 1, 2021 9:00 pm

TTP site seems to been having issues all day, tried several devices, browsers and networks so I don't think it's on my end. It takes forever to load, once it does it doesn't display things properly and the site where you check for appointments seems down as well.

Joe Rae Dec 12, 2021 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by FXWizard (Post 29023236)
I created my account and everything was working properly until I got to the final stage of the renewal process and gor a message that there was a problem with the server and to try again in a few minutes.

I went through the login process again (I guess I'm going to need a one-time SMS code every time I log in), walked through the verification that all of the information was accurate (my DL didn't carry over but everything else is good)...and I got the server error again.

I'll try again in the morning on a different browser (using Safari, will boot up into Windows and try IE).

UPDATE: Tried in Win7 using IE with same result; have submitted support request with screenshot, auto-reply says average response time is 10-15 business days...good thing I was renewing early and have almost a year before my NEXUS membership expires.

Exactly the same problem I have only now its an error 30 attached to the message. Phone help are useless. Let us know if you succeed and I'll do the same!

zitsky Dec 12, 2021 5:20 pm

Are you all getting these errors in different browsers? Is it possible the website no longer supports Internet Explorer?

Explore Dec 15, 2021 6:46 pm

Successfully completed GE Renewal Application, But They Won't Let Me Pay!

Over a two-week period, whenever I go to pay for the completed application online, I'm told that the CBP server is down and that I should contact CBP support. Anyone else experienced this? What's the best way to contact them?

mnbp Dec 15, 2021 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Explore (Post 33816209)
Over a two-week period, whenever I go to pay for the completed application online, I'm told that the CBP server is down and that I should contact CBP support. Anyone else experienced this? What's the best way to contact them?

I would open a ticket using the link Get Help On-line below.

From the link "Need Help?" on the TTP website:

Need Help with Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, or FAST?

Login Problems?

Please refer to the Problems/Issues Questions on the Frequently Asked Questions page. If that doesn't help, please contact us by phone or online help.

Get Help On-line

Send us an email through our support portal at https://help.cbp.gov/s/questions?language=en_US. To ensure a faster response, please be sure to select "Trusted Traveler Programs" as your primary topic and then the subtopic that most closely describes your question.

Technical Problems?

If you are reporting a technical problem with the Trusted Traveler Programs website, please provide as much information as possible about the problem you are experiencing, including:
  • Your Login.gov email address or Membership Number/PASSID
  • The screen name that you were accessing when the problem occurred
  • The error message text
  • Screen print images would also be helpful.

NickP 1K Dec 15, 2021 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Explore (Post 33816209)

Try to login with private browsing/incognito in your browser PRIOR to putting in the ticket suggested further up. There is a chance a prior cookie that isn't expired for the site is causing an issue.

Dave1378 Dec 27, 2021 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Joe Rae (Post 33806440)
Exactly the same problem I have only now its an error 30 attached to the message. Phone help are useless. Let us know if you succeed and I'll do the same!

I’m currently getting error 30 while trying to save/ submit the first page of the application, any ideas?

Explore Dec 27, 2021 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Dave1378 (Post 33847314)
I’m currently getting error 30 while trying to save/ submit the first page of the application, any ideas?

Many issues seem to clear up when you use an incognito page (private browsing in Safari).