FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trusted Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers-732/)
-   -   Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers/1853696-global-entry-enrollment-arrival.html)

Muzer Oct 1, 2019 1:47 pm

Does anyone know what's going on at LAX? Am I likely to be able to perform Enrollment on Arrival during a 2h45m change from an international flight onto a domestic one? Or is that not enough time to even bother trying?

msf868 Oct 3, 2019 6:09 am

Just to give an update on my experience doing EOA at MIA. Arrived at terminal D international arrivals at approx. 10 am. Went to the APC machine and completed the immigration process with my printed receipt. I proceeded immediately to the Global Entry line where I informed the officer I was doing EOA. He made me wait on the side before an officer came to take me to secondary screening. I waited approx 10 minutes before seeing an officer where I was asked simple questions and prints were taken. Whole process took about 20 minutes.

Da5id Oct 5, 2019 6:14 pm

Conditionally approved yesterday after applying May 20. Of course we’re in Europe now and didn’t bring my wife’s conditional approval email so I don’t know if we need to bring anything for EOA.

golfmad Oct 5, 2019 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by Da5id (Post 31597367)
Conditionally approved yesterday after applying May 20. Of course we’re in Europe now and didn’t bring my wife’s conditional approval email so I don’t know if we need to bring anything for EOA.

In theory you’re supposed to bring the confirmation details but in practice it should not be necessary as it will be looked up on the database.

Are you not able to access the email remotely?

flyerCO Oct 5, 2019 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by Da5id (Post 31597367)

Doesnt need to be printed. In fact the only need it if there's an issue looking you up in the system.

Da5id Oct 7, 2019 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad (Post 31597424)
In theory you’re supposed to bring the confirmation details but in practice it should not be necessary as it will be looked up on the database.

Are you not able to access the email remotely?

No, it’s on a desktop at home that is shutdown. I think I read on the .cbp page that all I’ll need is our passports.

golfmad Oct 7, 2019 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by Da5id (Post 31603337)
No, it’s on a desktop at home that is shutdown. I think I read on the .cbp page that all I’ll need is our passports.

As I said above, I think you'll get away without it. If you wanted to access it, you should be able to look it up on the trusted traveler program website.

TWA884 Oct 9, 2019 7:05 pm

Moderator's Note

Folks,

Just a gentle reminder that the Trusted Travelers forum is informational.

Members come here in search of information and practical advice about the various Trusted Travelers programs; please limit your postings in this thread to asking and providing practical information, and sharing news, experiences and data points about Enrollment on Arrival.

Opinion, commentary and rants about about the CBP Global Entry processing procedures belong in the Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate forum.

Future non-informational content will be summarily deleted.

Thank you for understanding and your anticipated cooperation,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

Da5id Oct 11, 2019 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad (Post 31603566)
As I said above, I think you'll get away without it. If you wanted to access it, you should be able to look it up on the trusted traveler program website.

And to followup, all we needed was our passport. It was about the only thing that went easy yesterday.

rylan Oct 15, 2019 1:09 pm

Any word if this program is going to be expanded to additional airports? Or is the list of locations for EoA it for the foreseeable future?

GUWonder Oct 16, 2019 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by pokeflute (Post 31548128)
Searched the thread to find not so good experiences at EWR EoA.

Anyone done it recently (in the last months?) at Terminal B for a 6 am arrival? Will be landing from the world's longest flight and I pretty much don't have a chance to delay my application anymore...

Enrollment on arrival at EWR Terminal B is handled at station/line 26. I had travel party members do the Enrollment on Arrival “interviews” for new and renewal applications this month. It was a good experience — not much of anything in the way of being questioned — but sort of slow due to the number of people waiting for the single CBP employee doing EOAs there and the fingerprint scanner having issues with capturing the fingerprints.

Da5id Oct 17, 2019 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by rylan (Post 31631574)
Any word if this program is going to be expanded to additional airports? Or is the list of locations for EoA it for the foreseeable future?

I get an email from time to time showing the added EOA locations. So far they all seem to be airports with international flights so I would expect all U.S. international airports to eventually be able to do it. Really doesn't make much sense to do it at non-international airports (like mine) considering the staffing problems CBP says they have.

TWA884 Oct 18, 2019 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Da5id (Post 31640629)
I get an email from time to time showing the added EOA locations. So far they all seem to be airports with international flights...

That makes sense. Enrollment on Arrival interviews are conducted by CBP officers during the admissibility inspections at passport controls. Passengers arriving on domestic flights do not pass through passport controls.

rylan Oct 21, 2019 10:16 am

I guess I haven't noticed any new locations on the list... or at least any new locations that are actually of use to me, since BOS still isn't and has no interviews.

welchie Oct 21, 2019 8:00 pm

I have my conditional approval for Global Entry, but it seems to be impossible to schedule an interview. I have to travel to Buffalo next month, and had the idea of flying through Toronto/renting a car in order to do the Enrollment on Arrival at YYZ. Does anyone know if I need to be headed from Canada to the US in order to have the interview? (In other words, could I fly BOS to YYZ and then somehow find US Border Patrol to have the interview, or do I have to be heading from YYZ to BOS and do it as part of pre-flight clearance?) Because of the timing of my trip, I have more flexibility when flying to Toronto than from Toronto. Thanks for any advice.