Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Application Employment, School & Residence History Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Application Employment, School & Residence History Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2016, 10:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by schuylerolsson
Hi all,

A few questions about the global entry application process:

1. In employment history section, do you have to put unpaid internships if they happened while you were a student? I have two of those. One of the internships was during the school semester, and one was during the summer between two semesters. Can I just put that I was a student the whole time?

Thanks.
I'm not a lawyer or a TSA person, but "unpaid" internships does not sound like employment to me. I'd just put student.

PS - Welcome to FT!

Cheers.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by robin25
I am filling out a Global Entry application. I am self-employed. I have worked for a number of different companies lasting from 2 weeks to 4 months. Do I need to provide my employment history? I don't know the exact dates of employment over the past 5 years.

If I leave it blank will it cause a problem with my application?

Thank you.
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Self Employed worked fine for me - never asked about it later. You don't need to give specific employers (clients).
hey, so what did you end up filling out for the employer address? it's a required field.

Last edited by TWA884; Jan 26, 2017 at 5:55 pm Reason: Fix BB Code
Old Jul 1, 2016, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Probably my own home address.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 2:52 pm

Hello, everyone. I'm helping my girlfriend apply for GE. She immigrated here ~7 years ago and was naturalized last year. The address on her driver's license is still her relative's place, where she no longer lives. She does not have a mortgage, rent payment receipts, or utility bills at her current place. Are there any other documents that can she bring to her interview (if she were conditionally approved) to prove her current residency? I believe she's still getting mail at both addresses.

One option would be to fill in her current address to match her DL, but I'd rather err on the side of 100% honesty, as I don't want to risk any possibility of a denial.

Also, is it necessary to include the apartments she lived in while she was going to college?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by SupervirgiN
Hello, everyone. I'm helping my girlfriend apply for GE. She immigrated here ~7 years ago and was naturalized last year. The address on her driver's license is still her relative's place, where she no longer lives. She does not have a mortgage, rent payment receipts, or utility bills at her current place. Are there any other documents that can she bring to her interview (if she were conditionally approved) to prove her current residency? I believe she's still getting mail at both addresses.

One option would be to fill in her current address to match her DL, but I'd rather err on the side of 100% honesty, as I don't want to risk any possibility of a denial.

Also, is it necessary to include the apartments she lived in while she was going to college?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Why can't you get her driver's license updated to match her real address?

Instead of a lease or utility bill, does she have a credit card bill, bank statement or something else with her current address?

From my personal experience with GE and as a long time reader of this thread, I would advise you to be accurate, honest and consistent with your GF's application.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by cheltzel
Why can't you get her driver's license updated to match her real address?

Instead of a lease or utility bill, does she have a credit card bill, bank statement or something else with her current address?

From my personal experience with GE and as a long time reader of this thread, I would advise you to be accurate, honest and consistent with your GF's application.
She says that she'd prefer to use her relative's address for any official business, as it's permanent and reliable. (They're both in the same city.) Normally, it wouldn't be an issue, but it makes this application process a bit more complicated.

Would just using a credit card bill/bank statement suffice for proof of residency? Lastly, does anyone know if we need to include apartments rented during college?

Absolutely, I agree with you. I appreciate your reply.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 10:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SupervirgiN
She says that she'd prefer to use her relative's address for any official business, as it's permanent and reliable. (They're both in the same city.) Normally, it wouldn't be an issue, but it makes this application process a bit more complicated.

Would just using a credit card bill/bank statement suffice for proof of residency? Lastly, does anyone know if we need to include apartments rented during college?

Absolutely, I agree with you. I appreciate your reply.
Yes you should list all college addresses, including dormitories.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 11:30 am

Question Global Entry application question: past addresses

I have been travelling for the last 4-odd years. Rarely stay in a place more than a week. Often for less time. I don't know the names of half of the hotels/hostels/etc I stayed at. How do I fill out this part of the application? Has anyone done this? My "official" address at this time has been my parents' house.

No interest in lying. No way I can answer this question fully. Am I out of luck?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 11:52 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by iTravelMoreThanYou
I have been travelling for the last 4-odd years. Rarely stay in a place more than a week. Often for less time. I don't know the names of half of the hotels/hostels/etc I stayed at. How do I fill out this part of the application? Has anyone done this? My "official" address at this time has been my parents' house.

No interest in lying. No way I can answer this question fully. Am I out of luck?
If your parents' house is your official residence, then list that. GE does not expect you or anyone to list every hotels, friends' houses, campsite and hostel where you've ever rested your head.

Just a note: We have a dedicated Trusted Traveler forum and I've asked the moderator to move your post there.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by iTravelMoreThanYou

If you're domiciled with your parents, then that is where you are domiciled. Do you have ID or anything else with an address proving that you're domiciled with your parents? Then it can work out.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:28 pm

Programs: None
Forgot to put an employment on my application

I literally just applied for Global Entry and just realized I forgot to put one of my employers in my work history. Was not my main job. I taught a class in the evenings for a few semesters. I can not believe I forgot about this. Is there a way to correct this or is it going to simply disqualify my application? Thank you
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
You'll be fine. Just tell them you forgot to put it on the application when you do your interview.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 11:04 pm

Programs: None
Thank you
Old Jan 12, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Don't worry about it. It won't show up as a significant gap in your employment and if they ask during the interview, just be forthcoming about having forgotten about it since it was a side gig. I don't think it will disqualify or otherwise affect your application.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 5:18 pm

Im currently applying my mom for Global Entry. She has been unemployed for a good 20 years, we don't know the exact date. Do you guys know what to put for the unemployment date?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.