Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) Usage by Foreign Nationals in the USA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) Usage by Foreign Nationals in the USA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:23 am

APEC card entering USA through BOS

Entering the US through BOS in a few days.

Is there an APEC line available at BOS? Hope I can breeze through immigration without having to wait.

Besides, does the primary purpose of my trip have to declared as business? I am visiting a friend and also doing a quick recruiting trip.

Thanks! Would love to hear from you all!
Old Apr 5, 2017, 11:52 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
If you have ABTC not issued by USA/CAN, use the crew/diplomat lane at US airports. You really should be using ABTC on business purposes so be sure you have a US visa valid for business purposes. Enforcement would be up to individual agent's discretion.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:39 pm

So basically I cannot use the APEC lane unless I'm on a work visa?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:45 pm
Original Member

Enforcement would be up to individual agent's discretion.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by hktraveller20
So basically I cannot use the APEC lane unless I'm on a work visa?
No, you should be on business, but you don't necessarily be on a work visa. As seawolf said, enforcement is at individual agent's discretion.
Old May 10, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ KF Elite Gold, QR Gold, IB Plata, Hilton Honors Gold
Hi all,

would anyone know if you can use an INTERIM APEC Business Travel Card for the APEC lane in the USA?

Cheers,

marcelduchamp
Old May 10, 2018, 9:50 am
Original Member

What is an interim card? If it is otherwise a regular card just pending country endorsement(s) on the back, US will accept.

As mentioned previously, ABTC usage implies you are coming for business so be prepare to meet business visit requirements. Some CBP agents may let you use crew/diplomat with ABTC for leisure visit while others may enforce the rule book and require you to show you are entering for business purposes.
Old May 11, 2018, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
What is an interim card? If it is otherwise a regular card just pending country endorsement(s) on the back, US will accept.

As mentioned previously, ABTC usage implies you are coming for business so be prepare to meet business visit requirements. Some CBP agents may let you use crew/diplomat with ABTC for leisure visit while others may enforce the rule book and require you to show you are entering for business purposes.
Hi Seawolf,

thank you for the information. Yes, I believe the interim card to be a regular card with only those countries which have approved me to date (a minimum of 5 is required).

My passport allows me a visa waiver for the USA. Would proof of business travel be emails, appointments or some sort of letter?

Cheers,

marcelduchamp
Old May 11, 2018, 6:40 am
Original Member

I don’t enter US for business purposes so I can’t tell you what CBP looks for.
Old May 13, 2018, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
I don’t enter US for business purposes so I can’t tell you what CBP looks for.
Thanks anyway!
Old May 15, 2018, 5:28 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
They don't care, if from a VWP country as long as you have an ESTA they just ask if it's for business or tourism, then stamp your passport with either WT (Tourist) or WB (Business), both cases with a 90 day validity. Expect them to ask basic questions like "What does your business do?", "What business purposes do you have here?" etc but I very much doubt you'll be asked for any evidence - same as for tourist visas, they're mainly watching you to see if you exhibit any strange behaviours which would indicate you're not being truthful - they don't actually care what the answers are.
Old May 6, 2019, 2:41 am

Programs: marriott platinum, AS Gold
Hi, I am hold APEC business with Singapore passport. Just want to know which lane should I take when I land SFO airport.

Thank you
Old May 6, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by hellointer
Hi, I am hold APEC business with Singapore passport. Just want to know which lane should I take when I land SFO airport.
There is a line specifically marked as 'APEC'. If you're coming into the 'G' concourse (Star Alliance airlines) it's on the left as you enter the hall, and is the same line as use for crew/diplomats. In the 'A' concourse I think it's on the right, but I could be wrong.
Old May 6, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: marriott platinum, AS Gold
Originally Posted by docbert
There is a line specifically marked as 'APEC'. If you're coming into the 'G' concourse (Star Alliance airlines) it's on the left as you enter the hall, and is the same line as use for crew/diplomats. In the 'A' concourse I think it's on the right, but I could be wrong.
Thank you very much as it is my first time fly to SFO.
Old May 8, 2019, 5:09 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by hellointer
Thank you very much as it is my first time fly to SFO.
It's the line to the right of the Global Entry kiosks+line for Term G. Follow the Global Entry/Crew chute as you enter the immigration hall from the terminal walkway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.