Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

German Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2013, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, SQ Gold

Applied Dec 7, as a German citizen via Bundespolizei Frankfurt and subsequently the website.

So far: "Pending" - no change for the past 10 days...

Anyone have experience with the "via Germany" setup and processing times?

===

Update: And here is the answer to my question. Conditional approval just came through, roughly 11 resp. 12 days processing time.

2nd Update: Interview was scheduled for today. Showed up 15 mins early, was called exactly on time and was out again within less than 10 minutes. Friendly agent, straight forward process. Approval email received within 2 hours.

Last edited by TT-Jones; Jan 12, 2014 at 6:57 am Reason: Update
Old Jul 16, 2015, 12:17 pm

GE Applications, Interviews, Timelines and Renewals for German Citizens or in Germany

I am a German citizen, and I applied for Global Entry over six months ago (Jan 2015). My payment was accepted within one second. The application still shows pending review.

During a flight through Chicago about 4 weeks after, I went into the CBP office there to be told that only the main office in Vermont handles the applications (which one cannot visit).

I submitted an inquiry in March after no change in status for 2 months. No answer until earlier this week (4 months after the inquiry, 6 months after the original submission). The answer said that my e-mail had not yet been read, and that I should call 877-227-5511, which "may" be frequently busy. It is entirely impossible to get anything but a busy signal at that number (unless they are closed, in which case a recording tells you that).

The e-mail furthermore said that unless I kept the issue "open", it was assumed that it was solved and would be closed. So I answered to the e-mail only to get a message failure reply.

Consequently, I contacted the LAX office by phone (did not work) and e-mail and received a reply that only the main office deals with applications.

I have no more ideas of what to do. I submitted a complaint through the CBP site twice with no answer. The phone line is always busy. There is no e-mail communication option.

I would be grateful for any advice.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 6:19 am

Location: New Jersey most of the time, also Germany, California and Florida for family and other places for business.
Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold. Global Entry since 2014
Originally Posted by kvbraun
I am a German citizen, and I applied for Global Entry over six months ago (Jan 2015). My payment was accepted within one second. The application still shows pending review.

During a flight through Chicago about 4 weeks after, I went into the CBP office there to be told that only the main office in Vermont handles the applications (which one cannot visit).

I submitted an inquiry in March after no change in status for 2 months. No answer until earlier this week (4 months after the inquiry, 6 months after the original submission). The answer said that my e-mail had not yet been read, and that I should call 877-227-5511, which "may" be frequently busy. It is entirely impossible to get anything but a busy signal at that number (unless they are closed, in which case a recording tells you that).

The e-mail furthermore said that unless I kept the issue "open", it was assumed that it was solved and would be closed. So I answered to the e-mail only to get a message failure reply.

Consequently, I contacted the LAX office by phone (did not work) and e-mail and received a reply that only the main office deals with applications.

I have no more ideas of what to do. I submitted a complaint through the CBP site twice with no answer. The phone line is always busy. There is no e-mail communication option.

I would be grateful for any advice.
I will be curious re what responses you get, if any. My wife is a German citizen (and a US Legal Permanent Resident with a valid Green Card), we applied for GE for her @ 10 days ago and the application is still pending as well.

To add some context, my application was approved within a week, and our 9 year old daughters' application was approved in 10 days.

I have to believe that absent something extraordinary -- which we're not expecting -- the application will be approved eventually. We've become used to a relatively quick turn around on these applications.

Michael
Old Jul 27, 2015, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by MikeNJ1109
I will be curious re what responses you get, if any. My wife is a German citizen (and a US Legal Permanent Resident with a valid Green Card), we applied for GE for her @ 10 days ago and the application is still pending as well.

To add some context, my application was approved within a week, and our 9 year old daughters' application was approved in 10 days.

I have to believe that absent something extraordinary -- which we're not expecting -- the application will be approved eventually. We've become used to a relatively quick turn around on these applications.

Michael
After almost 7 months of no reply at all from GOES, I received the following mail. At least in my case, their inefficiency is staggering. There was no mention of easypass when I filled out my application. There is now documentation on this, however, at http://www.cbp.gov/global-entry/othe...tizens-germany.

---

U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP) operates the Global Entry program, which allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers upon arrival in the United States. Participants may enter the United States by using automated kiosks located at select airports. In December of 2014, Global Entry eligibility was fully extended to citizens of Germany. Citizens of Germany who are 12 years old and older may apply for Global Entry.

In order to apply for Global Entry, German citizens must first clear with the German Federal Police. To clear for Global Entry, which is referred to as a “pre-check,” German applicants must visit an EasyPASS enrollment center in Germany. After a German citizen clears for Global Entry with the German Federal Police, the German Federal Police will notify CBP that the applicant is eligible to apply for Global Entry. The applicant can then apply for Global Entry through the Global Online Enrollment System (GOES).

You are receiving this message because you have been identified as a Global Entry applicant who is a German citizen, and have submitted a Global Entry application via GOES. However, we have not yet received your “pre-check” from the German Federal Police. If you have not already done so, please visit an EasyPASS enrollment center in Germany, so that we may complete the processing of your Global Entry application.

EasyPASS Enrollment Centers can be found at the following locations:

Berlin Airport
Terminal C

Dusseldorf Airport
Central building, departure level

Frankfurt Airport
Terminal 1, Hall A, Level 2

Hamburg Airport
Terminal 2, Level 1

Munich Airport
Terminal 2, Level 4, Room 4479

---
Old Aug 24, 2015, 1:11 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Global Entry interviews coming to Germany!

GLOBAL ENTRY INTERVIEWS COMING TO GERMANY!

Interviews will be offered at the following locations:

Frankfurt Airport: October 26-29, 2015
Berlin Airport: November 2-3, 2015

Global Entry for Citizens of Germany
Old Sep 1, 2015, 2:55 am

GE Applications, Interviews, Timelines and Renewals for German Citizens or in Germany

I'm an American citizen living in Europe. I see that Global Entry interviews will be offered in Germany this fall:

U.S. Embassy Berlin: November 2-3, 2015
Munich Airport: November 9-11, 2015

I'm planning on applying for my whole family (2 adults and 2 small kids, all American). Should I somehow time the submission of the applications so that we can use one of these interview locations?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by chestnutmt
I'm an American citizen living in Europe. I see that Global Entry interviews will be offered in Germany this fall:

U.S. Embassy Berlin: November 2-3, 2015
Munich Airport: November 9-11, 2015

I'm planning on applying for my whole family (2 adults and 2 small kids, all American). Should I somehow time the submission of the applications so that we can use one of these interview locations?
IIRC you must schedule a GE interview within three months of conditional approval notification. So it would be best to apply ASAP since processing the application can take time and interview slots can be in short supply, although we don't know yet how popular the German ones will be.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:17 am

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll apply right away and we'll go wherever they'll take us (in Germany).^
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:13 am

Unless it's different for applicants in Germany you have to schedule the interview within 30 days of the conditional approval but you can schedule it months out and reschedule it as needed up to 24 hours before your scheduled time.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 12:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
I scheduled a couple weeks out at frankfurt earlier this year. I'm sure limitations are different overseas considering they only do it so rarely.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 12:49 am

German citizen living in Sweden: Applied on the 9th, conditionally approved on the 13th.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 6:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by fassy
German citizen living in Sweden: Applied on the 9th, conditionally approved on the 13th.
Did you have to go to the Bundespolizei beforehand and do something with them ? If yes, please tell me about the process.

I was told I need to go to a German airport and have an interview to have something unlocked in the system BEFORE I am allowed to apply for GE in GOES.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 6:44 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by forumpersona999
Did you have to go to the Bundespolizei beforehand and do something with them ? If yes, please tell me about the process.

I was told I need to go to a German airport and have an interview to have something unlocked in the system BEFORE I am allowed to apply for GE in GOES.
You do. Here is what the government says:

Originally Posted by US embassy Germany
1. Preregister with the German Federal Police (Bundespolizei) at one of the EasyPASS enrollment centers: Frankfurt Airport (Terminal 1, Hall A, Level 2); Munich Airport (Terminal 2, Level 4, Room 4479); Hamburg Airport (Terminal 2, Level 1); Dusseldorf Airport (Central building, departure level); or Berlin Airport (Terminal C);

2. Apply for Global Entry Online (www.globalentry.gov) and pay a $100 non-refundable fee;

3. After being provisionally approved, select an enrollment location, date, and time; and,

4. Appear in person for enrollment. (Note: German citizens will have to reregister for Global Entry with the German Federal Police after their second year of membership.)
I assume you are older than 12 years of age and a German citizen, as this is not applicable to U12s who are just German citizens.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 7:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
03 Feb 2016
Did the German Federal Police Interview at DUS. No appointment necessary for interview. Results of background/warrant check are instant. Made sure both my passports were uploaded.

06 Feb 2016
Applied for GE via GOES and made payment

26 Feb 2016
Conditional approval. Mine took almost 3 weeks! I will admit that I look pretty shady on paper so it makes sense that mine took a bit longer. But I am a nice guy once you get to know me LOL.

Found some slots at ORD on 15 Mar that worked for my schedule.

15 Mar 2016

Showed up 15 minutes early for my interview at ORD. There were 16 people in the waiting room! The enrollment center there is very very busy. I cannot imagine doing a walk-in there. They got to me after a 45 minute wait, 30 minutes past my allotted time. Anyone planning a tight turn-around at ORD be aware it may take a while!

Interview was professional and friendly. I pointed out that GOES wouldn't let me put in the second passport and that my travel history was incomplete. There is no entry for Curacao or Netherlands Antilles in GOES.

The officer was friendly and after a little data entry work asked me the usually questions that everyone else has reported.

Then he asked me how many languages I speak. and what I had been doing in Myanmar.

I told him about the epic mistake fare a few years back and it turned out he is a Flyertalker or at least aware of FT as he brought it up

10 minutes later I was on my way back to the hotel and the confirmation e-mail saying that I am approved came around 30 minutes after that.

Last edited by forumpersona999; Mar 15, 2016 at 8:26 pm
Old Mar 16, 2016, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by forumpersona999
03 Feb 2016
Did the German Federal Police Interview at DUS. No appointment necessary for interview. Results of background/warrant check are instant. Made sure both my passports were uploaded.

06 Feb 2016
Applied for GE via GOES and made payment

26 Feb 2016
Conditional approval. Mine took almost 3 weeks! I will admit that I look pretty shady on paper so it makes sense that mine took a bit longer. But I am a nice guy once you get to know me LOL.
3 weeks! I'm waiting >2 months now. Nothing. No way to contact them. This is the most frustrating thing I ever had to do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.