Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Applications/Renewals Information, Experiences and Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Applications/Renewals Information, Experiences and Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2015, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA Plt HertzpresC Avisfirst
Sorry i was not clear. i applied online a few weeks earlier and assumed that was just to schedule an appointment. The i had my interview on Thursday April 9th and by Saturday afternoon i already had a ktn. The question is, If i got a ktn does that mean i was approved in two days time and can start using the TSA pre check line? I am really not familiar with the program other then seeing other travelers getting on that line and flying thru TSA.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Goodtimes321
Sorry i was not clear. i applied online a few weeks earlier and assumed that was just to schedule an appointment. The i had my interview on Thursday April 9th and by Saturday afternoon i already had a ktn. The question is, If i got a ktn does that mean i was approved in two days time and can start using the TSA pre check line? I am really not familiar with the program other then seeing other travelers getting on that line and flying thru TSA.
Yes you can start using your KTN but you need to get it into your airline profile so that it starts showing up on your boarding passes. You can't just walk up to a TSA PreCheck line without PreCheck on your boarding pass and expect to get expedited treatment.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 10:06 pm

Programs: UA Plt HertzpresC Avisfirst
Originally Posted by Randyk47
Yes you can start using your KTN but you need to get it into your airline profile so that it starts showing up on your boarding passes. You can't just walk up to a TSA PreCheck line without PreCheck on your boarding pass and expect to get expedited treatment.
Nice, Thank you.

Edit: Just added it to my United profile. To bad I have no planed trips till May, Can wait to keep my shoes on and walk thru like a normal human being!

Last edited by Goodtimes321; Apr 13, 2015 at 10:12 pm
Old Sep 14, 2015, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by TSAPressSec
Can you PM me so I can look into this?

The vast majority of passengers who apply are being cleared very quickly, then issued their KTN within a few days. We do have some delays if their are fingerprint quality and/or if we encounter some criminal history that has to be manually adjudicated.

With that being said, many people who applied yesterday nationwide can already lookup their KTN on our website.

I enrolled my parents into the TSA Precheck to make their travel easier due to their age. It has been 2 weeks and I received the message below:

"Your enrollment has been received and is being processed for delivery to TSA."

I did my enrollment 1 month ago and everything was processed in a few days. What is taking theirs so long to processed? We have a flight out this Thurs.....*crossing fingers* Hopefully, TSA will process it soon. Is there any way for TSA to expedite it? Im not even sure if their application has been delivered to TSA as the status is conflicting...
Old Sep 15, 2015, 5:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by nhuynhdc
I enrolled my parents into the TSA Precheck to make their travel easier due to their age. It has been 2 weeks and I received the message below:

"Your enrollment has been received and is being processed for delivery to TSA."

I did my enrollment 1 month ago and everything was processed in a few days. What is taking theirs so long to processed? We have a flight out this Thurs.....*crossing fingers* Hopefully, TSA will process it soon. Is there any way for TSA to expedite it? Im not even sure if their application has been delivered to TSA as the status is conflicting...
For starters the person who was with TSA and posted under the handle TSAPressSec is no longer with TSA. If he is monitoring or participating in this board it's no longer as a TSA representative. Secondly, if your parents haven't received notice that they've at least gotten conditional approval and can schedule an interview by now there's virtually no way they'll get through the rest of the process by this coming Thursday.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Randyk47
For starters the person who was with TSA and posted under the handle TSAPressSec is no longer with TSA. If he is monitoring or participating in this board it's no longer as a TSA representative. Secondly, if your parents haven't received notice that they've at least gotten conditional approval and can schedule an interview by now there's virtually no way they'll get through the rest of the process by this coming Thursday.
Thanks. I was just hoping for some response. I checked their status and they have been upgraded to: 'security threat assessment (STA) is underway'
Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:47 am

I went in on October 5 for fingerprinting, got the message "Your application has been received and your security threat assessment (STA) is underway." the next day, and as of today I still haven't gotten a KTN number yet
Old Oct 13, 2015, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by pingpong2
I went in on October 5 for fingerprinting, got the message "Your application has been received and your security threat assessment (STA) is underway." the next day, and as of today I still haven't gotten a KTN number yet
i went in yesterday in houston and did the interview thing, had done pre setup online 2 weeks ago, as of this morning it says:

APPLICATION PROCESSING
Your application has been received and your security threat assessment (STA) is underway

also, from what ive been told its at between 3 days and 14 days right now on average.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 5:13 pm

Woohoo, after 10 days I got my KTN number. I checked today at 3PM, nada, then right now at 4:15PM I got the magic number (yes I was checking multiple times per day).
Old Oct 15, 2015, 5:26 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Went a few months ago, Citi paid the way, even took digital finger prints, most of the time I received Pre Check anyhow,

Was on BUF trip, and all 3 on my reservation received Pre Check..

They have a walk-in office in IND at the airport next to a food joint., and also some other locations in the city, in and out in about 10 minutes...

Sent a few friend, getting their KTN about 10 days.

Another money machine, for TSA.,

Look at it as a tip to cut the line...
Old Oct 15, 2015, 10:40 pm

Guess I celebrated too soon. While I got my KTN and called Southwest to have all my reservations updated, I still didn't get Pre-Check for tomorrow's flight. Looks like I'll just have to wait to see if maybe there's a slight delay and see if I can get it for my return flight back...

EDIT: I got a response back from TSA when I asked the what's up. Apparently my KTN didn't get activated until today, so I'll need to call Southwest to recheck me in for my flight.

Last edited by pingpong2; Oct 16, 2015 at 12:07 pm
Old Nov 3, 2015, 11:38 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Applied morning of 10/20, received KTN last night (11/2) ~13 days.

The local DHS enrollment contractor office didn't have any convenient appointment times in the online tool but I noticed looking out further that were no appointment windows for the first 30 minutes of the day. Sure enough, no applicants when I went in at opening the next day. In and out in about 12 minutes with no prefilled application. ^
Old Dec 16, 2015, 8:47 am

Stumbled in here off Google, wanted to add my results.

Appointment was yesterday at 10:15AM. Only took about 5 minutes of confirming my information and giving fingerprints.

Checked this morning at 8:00AM and had my KTN. Had to call Southwest to add it to existing reservations - adding it to your profile doesn't apply the KTN to existing reservations. Also had to call Southwest to add my middle name.

So looks like as of 12/2015, it's still possible to get your KTN in under 24 hours. I've already had a fingerprinting + background check done for my conceal carry permit a year ago, so maybe that sped me through the system. Never flown internationally either / don't have a passport, which probably also reduces complications for determining status.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by Nick Locke
Stumbled in here off Google, wanted to add my results.

Appointment was yesterday at 10:15AM. Only took about 5 minutes of confirming my information and giving fingerprints.

Checked this morning at 8:00AM and had my KTN. Had to call Southwest to add it to existing reservations - adding it to your profile doesn't apply the KTN to existing reservations. Also had to call Southwest to add my middle name.

So looks like as of 12/2015, it's still possible to get your KTN in under 24 hours. I've already had a fingerprinting + background check done for my conceal carry permit a year ago, so maybe that sped me through the system. Never flown internationally either / don't have a passport, which probably also reduces complications for determining status.
I had my interview in the morning, and had my KTN by the end of the day back in October. I do not have a conceal carry permit, fingerprints have never been entered into any system anywhere, and I do have a passport and traveled internationally several times.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 11:37 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, HHonors Silver, Pre✓®
I did a walk-in appt at an enrollment center on Monday, December 28. I was out of state for Christmas when I did this, so process is just as smooth as doing it in your resident state. I got my KTN sometime on the evening of December 31, as I checked almost daily and saw it on January 1.

Happy New Years everyone!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.