Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry - New Passport

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2017, 10:05 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Moderator's Note:

A recent question about updating the Global Entry information for someone who got it as a Green Card and later became a US citizen was moved to the following thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Jul 24, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
So just got my new UK passport. Do I need to update both my passport details on the GOES website as well as get a new ESTA?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:06 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by tfung
So just got my new UK passport. Do I need to update both my passport details on the GOES website as well as get a new ESTA?
From the CBP website:
I received a new passport do I need to apply again for a new Trusted Traveler Program membership?

Once you are an approved Trusted Traveler member, you may update your passport (and driver's license, and mail-to address) through your GOES account. This can only be done if it is a renewal of a passport currently associated with your account and does not include a name or issuing authority change in the new passport or is a new/additional document/passport that was not previously associated with your account. Once logged into your GOES account, click on "Update Documents" on left hand side of the page. Please note this option will not be available if you have a pending application on your account. Follow the prompts to update your document.

Once updated, no further action is required. If you are having issues updating the document, please try switching internet browsers.

If you do not have a GOES account, please visit the website and create an account. You will need to associate the account with your PASSID (membership #) on the back of your Trusted Traveler card or on your approval letter.

Your Trusted Traveler membership date is not dependent on the passport expiration date. Membership will remain valid and active, even if the passport expires, however, you will not be able to use your membership at kiosks and land crossings until you update your new passport in the GOES system.

<snip>
Some members have reported here that they were unable to update their passport information online and that they had to stop by an enrollment center to have it done (no appointments were necessary).

As for your ESTA question, it is best answered in the USA forum:
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by flyalways
Just wanted to share my experience as US citizen, US PP holder with a
new passport. All I had to do was to go to GOES website and input my
new passport number and other details. Last night at airport, there was
no issue at all. It worked with new passport and no need to have
in person interview or officer intervention...Came straight through.

Thanks...F.A.
Adding my data point. Same experience.
Went to the new website (I don't think it is called GOES anymore), input my new passport data, and worked like a charm on my re-entry to the USA this week.

Happy!
Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Adding my data point. Same experience.
Went to the new website (I don't think it is called GOES anymore), input my new passport data, and worked like a charm on my re-entry to the USA this week.

Happy!
Yeah, you have to create a new account on login.gov. Once you do that you input your GE/Precheck ID# along with some other verification (IIRC) and it will load in your account, which you can then edit as before. Easy to switch out/update passport number.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I don't see how the site allows for an update of the passport information. There's no edit button available.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by MostlyUA
I don't see how the site allows for an update of the passport information. There's no edit button available.
From the My Dashboard, on the right hand side of the page, look under the heading Update Your Info and click on the Update Documents link.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Expiring Passport - Does It Affect GE?

I'm currently enrolled in Global Entry, and as such, I get PreCheck.

My passport is expiring soon, and I'm not in a rush to renew it right away as I do not have any international trips planned at the moment.

Will my GE or PreCheck be suspended/revoked if I let my passport expire? Is there a requirement/timeframe where I should get my passport renewed to remain in the program? I only have domestic trips planned at the moment and would like to make sure that I continue to get PreCheck until I get around to renewing my passport.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe you will remain in the program until your GE expired, but of course you won't be able to use GE with an expired passport. When you get your new passport you'll need to update your GOES profile (and maybe visit a GE office to have them update it?).

If you let your passport expire it can cost more (money and hassle) to get a new one, so it's best to just renew it.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You won't lose your access to the program, but of course, you won't have access to GE because you can't travel without a valid passport.

As soon as your new passport is issued, go on the CBP website (GOES is discontinued) and update your profile to include your new passport number. No need to visit a GE office.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Often1
You won't lose your access to the program, but of course, you won't have access to GE because you can't travel without a valid passport.

As soon as your new passport is issued, go on the CBP website (GOES is discontinued) and update your profile to include your new passport number. No need to visit a GE office.

We were just told the opposite. Our granddaughter just got GE. Her passport is being renewed in the next couple of weeks. The CBP person said we had to come back and have her GE updated with her new PP info. I would LOVE to be able to do it online.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
We were just told the opposite. Our granddaughter just got GE. Her passport is being renewed in the next couple of weeks. The CBP person said we had to come back and have her GE updated with her new PP info. I would LOVE to be able to do it online.
Either that person supplied you inaccurate information, you misunderstood, or that person understood there was a more fundamental change in the document (like the passport was already expired at the time of the interview, so her new passport would be the first passport entered into the system, or it has a name change, or the expired/expiring passport was issued at a consulate and the new one is issued by the State Department).

CBP INFO Center answer:

I received a new passport do I need to apply again for a new Trusted Traveler Program membership?

As a Trusted Traveler, you may update your passport and driver’s license through your TTP account at https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/, so long as you are renewing an existing passport and are not incorporating a name change in the updated passport or it is new document not previously associated with your account. ...

If the passport involves a name change, issuing authority change, or is a new document not previously associated with your account, then you will need to visit an Enrollment Center.

Last edited by Newbie2FT; Mar 23, 2018 at 2:27 pm
Old Mar 23, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Newbie2FT
Either that person supplied you inaccurate information, you misunderstood, or that person understood there was a more fundamental change in the document (like the passport was already expired at the time of the interview, so her new passport would be the first passport entered into the system, or it has a name change, or the expired/expiring passport was issued at a consulate and the new one is issued by the State Department).

CBP INFO Center answer:
This is excellent news. We def. didn't understand her misinfo. She said that since Hayley's PP expired in the fall, we'd have to come back with her new PP to update the GE info. Thanks for the info.

I just logged into her GE profile and see clearly where we can update the new info when her PP arrives.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 2:56 pm

This is excellent news. We def. didn't understand her misinfo. She said that since Hayley's PP expired in the fall, we'd have to come back with her new PP to update the GE info. Thanks for the info.

I just logged into her GE profile and see clearly where we can update the new info when her PP arrives.
Does the TTP system even have her expired passport listed?

I would have thought that the CBP officer would have deleted any passport that was included in the original application if it had expired by the time of the interview.

If the expired passport is not listed, are you sure that there is an open field in the system that you will be able to access to enter the new passport number, once it arrives?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 3:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL

This is a totally different set of facts and the CBP Officer was correct.

In this case, the daughter's passport had apparently expired prior to the date on which she had her GE interview. She is in the process of obtaining a new (renewal) passport. She will indeed be required to present herself with her new passport after it is issued.

The OP's situation is different. He has a valid passport with GE. He need not present himself at CBP and can handle the change in passport number online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.