Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Caught with undeclared goods/food/fruit. Will Global Entry/NEXUS be revoked?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Caught with undeclared goods/food/fruit. Will Global Entry/NEXUS be revoked?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2019, 4:17 pm

Customs/Declare

Hi,

I have been global entry 2 years never an issue but I didn’t declare the souvenirs I bought and I also bought shoes and a bag from duty free however I paid taxes in Europe. On the GE screen I put no by accident. When I got to the customs I told them I had souvenirs and bought shoes and was told to go to second screening. I told the lady and showed her receipt and told her I only saw food on screen and she was nice and I was honest. She took down the amount didn’t even want to see the items or send them through the baggage screen x-Ray and just said you have to pay some taxes today it was like $66.00. I paid them and they told me have a nice one. Will my GE be revoked?!?!! I told them the truth and told them when stepping up before exiting. Would I would of been told that it would be revoked now I’m worried.....
Old Nov 25, 2019, 6:32 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
You should be fine.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/19/148.16
A passenger shall be permitted to add an article to his declaration if, before examination of his baggage has begun, the fact that the article has not been declared is brought to the attention of the examining officer by the passenger.
What you did sounds like it's exactly what this paragraph allows.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 12:37 pm

A friend of mine got a verbal warning because of failed to declare food. the officer said they will lost GE if this even happen again. So it sounds like verbal warning is also on file, am I correct?

Thanks everyone.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 11:30 am

Was driving from Canada to USA
They found three WA labeled apples . They gave me a ticket and a lecture but let me go without a fine and I kept me Nexus card.
Will I be able to renew my Nexus this year? Thanks
Old Dec 29, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: CBP
All depends on whether or not we recorded it. If not, no worries. If we did, it'll come up on your next renewal background check.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 10:05 am

They made note of it but it was not a violation
Yes, everything goes into the records
Old Dec 29, 2019, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by maninblack
All depends on whether or not we recorded it. If not, no worries. If we did, it'll come up on your next renewal background check.
or next border crossing
Old Dec 30, 2019, 9:54 am

it will be on the next border crossing as described but how it affect anything? That’s the question???
Old Dec 30, 2019, 12:03 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Ssbbaa77
it will be on the next border crossing as described but how it affect anything? That’s the question???
What people are saying is nobody knows. You will find out next time you cross the border or renewal.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 11:22 am

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by Junhua Chen
A friend of mine got a verbal warning because of failed to declare food. the officer said they will lost GE if this even happen again. So it sounds like verbal warning is also on file, am I correct?

Thanks everyone.
I thought that failing to follow the rules results in a fine and expulsion from GE (at least I've read many reports like that on these forums). So it's more likely that the officer was very kind by doing _nothing_ (which I suspect would actually be against their guidelines but whatever). There's no need for the warning on file because most likely the next time they're caught they would be automatically expelled.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I was rudely told in PHL that I made a "bad decision" for declaring candy bars I had with me. He said only fruit, veg, meat, etc. I said that the form says "food," and he responded, "that's not what the form says!" Haha, wow. Maybe he needs to read the form himself or get the language updated.
I say that some of the chocolate has nuts or berries, which count as seeds (and fruit/vegetables).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.