Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Procedures and Timelines of Applications and Renewals for UK citizens

Global Entry Procedures and Timelines of Applications and Renewals for UK citizens

Old Oct 10, 13, 5:54 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
So I have read somewhere that they advise it could take between 4 and 6 weeks to process initial GOES applications. I submitted my app on Sun 8 Sep, so I could be waiting until Sun 20 Oct. I expect there's going to be a mass of applications from Brits about now, so likely to be the full 6 weeks I expect.

I also haven't seen any updates claiming they have been approved in the past week or so (since the shutdown). The last one I saw was ccarmock who submitted an app on 04 Sep and was approved late Sep.

Still hoping I can bag an interview slot when I am next over in the US mid Dec.
Old Oct 10, 13, 6:06 am
Senior Mod and Moderator: Aegean Miles&Bonus and British Airways

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Spire Ambassador
I'm not entirely sure that the hold-up is at the US end. In the thread referenced in post #1, US citizens still seem to move to conditional approval extremely quickly - just a day or two.

A super-efficient UK Government could never take longer to process applications it's effectively already approved through the police check than a US Government in furlough, could it?
Old Oct 10, 13, 6:22 am

I would have thought that the US would prioritise applications from it's own citizens ahead of foreigners for a start, so we will be at the back of the queue to start with. From what I have heard the CBP case officers seem to do all the real checks, so I'd be surprised if the initial review is any more than a quick check to see whether the ACRO id is valid and is indeed reported as No Trace, which I would have thought would be available online. Perhaps I am being naive about how these cross border checks work however!

It may be someone has documented the checks the US are doing and I haven't seen it. But in my experience these types of things tend to spend 99% of their time in a queue and then a 5 min processing effort before moving on to the next step.

I think there's just a mass of applications, on the basis they have just flung open the doors to a number of countries they will have been deluged. I wonder whether we can infer anything from our Application Ids - mine is 3548452 and was submitted on Sun 08 Sep. I imagine they will be sequential. If someone else posts their Application Id and when they submitted theirs we might get some insight into how many are being submitted every day (not that's really going to help us get processed any quicker).
Old Oct 10, 13, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by billinghamn View Post
I would have thought that the US would prioritise applications from it's own citizens ahead of foreigners for a start, so we will be at the back of the queue to start with. From what I have heard the CBP case officers seem to do all the real checks, so I'd be surprised if the initial review is any more than a quick check to see whether the ACRO id is valid and is indeed reported as No Trace, which I would have thought would be available online. Perhaps I am being naive about how these cross border checks work however!

It may be someone has documented the checks the US are doing and I haven't seen it. But in my experience these types of things tend to spend 99% of their time in a queue and then a 5 min processing effort before moving on to the next step.

I think there's just a mass of applications, on the basis they have just flung open the doors to a number of countries they will have been deluged. I wonder whether we can infer anything from our Application Ids - mine is 3548452 and was submitted on Sun 08 Sep. I imagine they will be sequential. If someone else posts their Application Id and when they submitted theirs we might get some insight into how many are being submitted every day (not that's really going to help us get processed any quicker).
There does seem to be some information needed from the UK - I imagine from Customs & Immigration - because there's a section on the application summary that's rather grandly headed 'Information requested by the Government of the United Kingdom'. Unfortunately we all know just how efficient UK Immigration is judging by the queues at the Border all too often!

The ID's do not appear to be just sequential - MrsNWIFlyer's and mine were submitted on 5th September about 10-12 hours apart and start 362 (so possibly the first two/three digits are a day code), whereas the last 4/5 digits are about 500 apart. Whether this is just UK entries or overall is anyone's guess ...
Old Oct 11, 13, 4:27 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chistery View Post
If you mean the Amex office, then it's only open once a month it seems.

Link
Thanks.

D'oh! I'm actually there the last Friday of November and was hoping to do it then. However, I'm assuming that the US Federal shut-down will have an impact on processing (I can't imagine this part of Homeland Security is considered essential) in which case I'll maybe do it next year!! Also, whilst I've got a BA and Gold card, I don't have a Platinum, so probably couldn't use this facility in any case.
Old Oct 15, 13, 9:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
I don't think that will help - I reckon the number is generated when you start populating the form and save it for the first time, not when the completed form is submitted. My application was delayed significantly as I was out of the country for a significant time between starting to populate the form and getting my ACRO number for final submission. My number is well before yours (35364xx) but was not submitted until Sep 15.

Still 'pending review'

Anyone out there have any more recent datapoints on the current application submission to conditional approval cycle time ?
Old Oct 15, 13, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by JeffBHD View Post
I don't think that will help - I reckon the number is generated when you start populating the form and save it for the first time, not when the completed form is submitted. My application was delayed significantly as I was out of the country for a significant time between starting to populate the form and getting my ACRO number for final submission. My number is well before yours (35364xx) but was not submitted until Sep 15.
Yeah, I agree - I did start the application earlier and I had to wait for the ACRO number as well.

I've seen no evidence of any conditional approvals in the past 3-4 weeks.

My 6 weeks is up on Sun, so I'm hoping my conditional approval is going to come through this week. Fingers crossed...
Old Oct 15, 13, 10:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
My 6 weeks is up on Sun, so I'm hoping my conditional approval is going to come through this week. Fingers crossed...
...and I will have mine crossed that I am only a week behind you, as it's getting too close for comfort to my next trip, during which I had hoped to do the interview
Old Oct 15, 13, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by JeffBHD View Post
...and I will have mine crossed that I am only a week behind you, as it's getting too close for comfort to my next trip, during which I had hoped to do the interview
Much the same for me - my 6 weeks hits in a couple of days, and I travel in 9 ...

Looks like it might well be waiting until 2014. That probably means I'll have to schedule an interview to get within the 30 day arrangement period and then move it closer to the date.
Old Oct 15, 13, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer View Post
That probably means I'll have to schedule an interview to get within the 30 day arrangement period and then move it closer to the date.
I'm not sure I understand that - I think there might be a rule that I missed somewhere. Does that mean you have to organise an interview within 30 days of being conditionally approved or something?
Old Oct 15, 13, 1:05 pm

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
I'm not sure I understand that - I think there might be a rule that I missed somewhere. Does that mean you have to organise an interview within 30 days of being conditionally approved or something?
Yes you just have to book an interview within 30 days of being conditionally approved, not attend one, which is nigh on impossible at certain centers.
You can then change it around according to your own schedule.

Last edited by Jet Ranger; Oct 15, 13 at 1:05 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Oct 15, 13, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Jet Ranger View Post
Yes you just have to book an interview within 30 days of being conditionally approved, not attend one, which is nigh on impossible at certain centers.
I didn't realise - thanks for advising!
Old Oct 15, 13, 3:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Talking

Originally Posted by Jet Ranger View Post
Indeed. Slots do open up as others cancel their appointments. I find a fair amount of next-day slots at enrollment centers otherwise "locked up" for months with appointments already.
Old Oct 15, 13, 4:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
At least I'm not the only one who's been waiting longer than expected...

I put the application in on September 10th and still no conditional approval
Old Oct 15, 13, 5:04 pm

Programs: BD/BA G, VS G, SQ S, Hilton Honors D, IHG S/A, SPG G, CC G, Hertz PC
That's me just passed the one month mark now from application completion and payment - here's hoping for conditional approval soon given my upcoming TP run! Will take my Disclosure cert with me anyway in case it comes through whilst away - not like I'll be short of airports to be passing through

Search this Thread
Search Engine: