Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA P, UA PP, LH FT, IHG G, Hilton G, BW P
Originally Posted by zmo
Hello,

I got my access code from the UK, but where do I enter it?
Is it on the Global Entry form?
Is there somewhere to add it in my profile?
Do I enter it after I pay?

Please help.

Thanks
You enter it during the application process on the TTP website, you don't pay until the very end when you are ready to submit your application.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA P, UA PP, LH FT, IHG G, Hilton G, BW P
Originally Posted by fwdlink
My Data Points:
Living Abroad in UK
2 US Citizens
Self - Applied: 1 April - Conditionally Approved: 7 July - 98 Days - E-mail notification received immediately
Child - Applied: 1 April - Conditionally Approved 8 July - 99 Days - E-mail notification received immediately
Spouse (UK Citizen) - Applied: 2 April - Still Pending (101 Days as of this post)
UPDATE:
As per my previous post yesterday we escalated my spouse's application (UK Citizen) and today we received approval, so here's the final stats for our situation. Again e-mail pretty much immediately received as I checked it this morning and early this afternoon an e-mail that status has changed, voila letter states today's date with approval. So we ended up 3 for 3 on e-mail, so perhaps it's fixed!

Living Abroad in UK
2 US Citizens
Self - Applied: 1 April - Conditionally Approved: 7 July - 98 Days - E-mail notification received immediately
Child - Applied: 1 April - Conditionally Approved 8 July - 99 Days - E-mail notification received immediately
Spouse (UK Citizen) - Applied: 2 April - 102 Days - E-Mail notification received immediately

Good luck everyone and thanks to all the contributions here, super helpful.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by fwdlink
UPDATE:
As per my previous post yesterday we escalated my spouse's application (UK Citizen) and today we received approval, so here's the final stats for our situation. Again e-mail pretty much immediately received as I checked it this morning and early this afternoon an e-mail that status has changed, voila letter states today's date with approval. So we ended up 3 for 3 on e-mail, so perhaps it's fixed!

Living Abroad in UK
2 US Citizens
Spouse (UK Citizen) - Applied: 2 April - 102 Days - E-Mail notification received immediately

Good luck everyone and thanks to all the contributions here, super helpful.
How did you escalate this? Is there a number you need to call?

Thanks
Old Jul 13, 2019, 6:24 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Srr1012
How did you escalate this? Is there a number you need to call?

Thanks
From the Global Entry - processing timelines of first time applications [US citizens & LPR's] thread:
Originally Posted by Zack73
I called 877 227 5511 (using prompts 6/1/4/0) to check today...
Old Jul 14, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Just checked and found renewal finally approved! ^

Timeline
UKBA code application 23/3/19 (this took multiple attempts as their website kept crashing at payment!)
UKBA code received 25/3/19 (in the early hours of the morning!)
GE renewal application 25/3/19
GE renewal approved 24/6/19

So took three months in total, pretty much to the day.
No interview required.
No email notification of outcome.
Approval message has same port of entry as original GE application (San Juan in my case!)
CTV likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 5:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Still waiting on mine: currently 76 days - I was thinking it would be just about time but looks from reports here that it will be another few weeks :-(
Old Jul 22, 2019, 11:46 am
Suspended

Currently at 69 days..... we fly in 39 days (unless BA strike has other plans for us!). Not travelling for another 12 months after that.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 1:07 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

According to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website, due to the partial government shutdown earlier this year and the current deployment of CBP officers to the southern border, there are significant delays in processing Global Entry applications and the current average wait time for conditional approval is up to 100 days.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:56 pm

100 days in three more days for me... time to see if I'm average or better!
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
I just called regarding my 9 year old daughter's application and was told there can be no escalation before 100 days. 100 days takes us to exactly 4 days before our next trip to the US where we were planning to do interview on arrival. I fear that if we don't get conditional approval by then we will miss the 6 month window for an interview making the entire process a waste of time and money.

It makes no sense to me that where both parents have GE they cannot fast track a 9 year old's application even with her extensive travel history.

I must say however that the gentleman I spoke to in the DHS call centre could not have been more charming or apologetic.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by Newly Wed
I just called regarding my 9 year old daughter's application and was told there can be no escalation before 100 days. 100 days takes us to exactly 4 days before our next trip to the US where we were planning to do interview on arrival. I fear that if we don't get conditional approval by then we will miss the 6 month window for an interview making the entire process a waste of time and money.

It makes no sense to me that where both parents have GE they cannot fast track a 9 year old's application even with her extensive travel history.

I must say however that the gentleman I spoke to in the DHS call centre could not have been more charming or apologetic.
Your daughter has one year from conditional approval to do her interview.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Newly Wed
I fear that if we don't get conditional approval by then we will miss the 6 month window for an interview...
The window to complete the enrollment interview is now a full year after receiving the conditional approval (source).
Old Jul 26, 2019, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by RG1X
100 days in three more days for me... time to see if I'm average or better!
Nope... am distinctly sub average.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 5:37 pm

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
When I renew Global Entry, do I keep the same Known Traveller Number as before? If not, does that mean I have to reapply for a new ESTA, given that this is one of the bits of info on there? I have to apply for a new ESTA anyway as I have a new passport, but could hold off until my GE renewal comes in.

Thanks...
Old Jul 28, 2019, 2:09 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by RG1X
Nope... am distinctly sub average.
Or the average is still rising in line with the backlog ... however, do not despair ...

I applied for renewal on 10th April, very close to your date, and was unconditionally approved on 26th July.

107 days.
TWA884 and etiene like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.