Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

A Passage to India with stops in Qatar, Sri Lanka and Scandinavia (AA, QR, UL in J)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Passage to India with stops in Qatar, Sri Lanka and Scandinavia (AA, QR, UL in J)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2018, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by fotographer
what a wonderful report so far, having been to all the places you have so far its nice get your point of view
You are very correct about Agra, even with all the money that is given to the state, the evil people in power well ... the money disappears

You will like Jaipur, the forts and the view from the mountains is wonderful
( I use to take friends, mother in law and of course my wife when they came to India a few years ago on the almost the same trip you are dong, but we started in Mumbai and then Jaipur then Agra)

Just to let you know , most of the hotels in Agra , are really bad, and I mean really bad, sad because the hotels could be so much better
Thanks! I feel a bit better knowing that most of the other hotels in Agra are equally as poor as the Radisson.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 3:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
fantastic trip report!
Old Sep 26, 2018, 10:14 am

It must ha ve been hot in Doha? Unfortunately we will not be allowed to stop over in Doha in October as we are going on an Award. The Museum looks beautiful. India looks wonderful. But it must also be hot now?
Old Sep 26, 2018, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kosy91
fantastic trip report!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Bretteee
It must ha ve been hot in Doha? Unfortunately we will not be allowed to stop over in Doha in October as we are going on an Award. The Museum looks beautiful. India looks wonderful. But it must also be hot now?
It was hot and humid there 24/7. 105F during the day and 90F at night with relative humidity around 70%. It's sub-tropical (slightly farther south than Miami), so there is some seasonality but days are warm all year. Just less so in the winter.

I wouldn't recommend walking around too much outside during the day (most drove). But the roads aren't really setup for much pedestrian traffic, so it wasn't really a consideration. Ubers were cheap and plentiful, so no issue there.

The Islamic Art Museum had fantastic A/C and was free to enter. Down the road they're currently building a new national museum which looks really cool, though they're a bit behind schedule. Unlike Dubai, there wasn't really a ton of stuff to do there.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, IHG Gold, HH Silver
Great report and photos. Looks like a great trip! I'd love to visit India; my wife has been, but I've not been yet. Sorry to hear of the not so great meal on AA coming home from London. The food does look pretty poor here.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 8:38 am

Wow, what an excellent report. Thanks for taking us on your journey.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 757
Great report and photos. Looks like a great trip! I'd love to visit India; my wife has been, but I've not been yet. Sorry to hear of the not so great meal on AA coming home from London. The food does look pretty poor here.
Thanks! I had a pretty good time overall despite missing out on Nepal. Bad food is just par for the course on AA, I'm afraid.

Fares to India are pretty reasonable and India itself is also quite reasonable. Definitely recommend visiting.

Originally Posted by isaifan
Wow, what an excellent report. Thanks for taking us on your journey.
Thanks for taking the time to read it all!
Old Oct 3, 2018, 10:26 pm

Excellent detailed report. What an amazing trip! Do you mind sharing the name of travel agency you booked your driver and guides? Thank you!
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by exc3ll
Excellent detailed report. What an amazing trip! Do you mind sharing the name of travel agency you booked your driver and guides? Thank you!
Thanks!

Certainly. I used Creative India Holidays.
exc3ll likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: Eternal Search for LT Club
Originally Posted by swingaling
Thanks! I feel a bit better knowing that most of the other hotels in Agra are equally as poor as the Radisson.
I beg to differ, The Oberoi Agra is far better than any other hotel in Agra and not poor by any quantifiable metric (except cost ofcourse, std room usually goes for 2x-5x of your Radissons and Hiltons), you should've opted for that in the first place, I have said this before but IMO The Oberoi does hospitality the right way in India. I think ITC might be second but that can be a hit or miss too.

And it actually does have a view to The Taj Mahal.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:17 pm

Very nice report! Thanks for taking the time. As always, India looks very interesting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.