Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems Posting My TR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2018, 2:54 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Problems Posting My TR

A couple weeks ago I attempted to post a trip report I'd written. I had written it in MS Word like I have every report I've written for the last seven years and hosted the pictures on Smugmug again as I have in every report for the last seven years. However, when I coped and pasted into FT it became garbled. Despite everything looking normal when I copied it, once I submitted the post it became corrupted. The formatting of the line spacing was off and worse, the HTML code for the pictures was garbled somehow so the pictures weren't showing, just incomplete dead links (despite the [url] being there when I wrote the TR and when I copy and paste it, when I submit it it lops off the [url] and posts [img]https://photos.smugmug.com/Travel/Europe-2017/i-jXdwvK6/0/2ee01e64/L/IMG_6551-L.jpg[/img][/url]). I've tried it in Google Chrome, IE (or whatever it's called now) and Firefox.

Does anyone know where the issue might be?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:57 pm

Can you email me an example word document so I can look into it.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:38 pm

Hi CMK10,

Let me know if this helps. Switch to 'Source' mode by clicking on 'Source' before you copy in the TR from Word:

kevincrumbs likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 10:36 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
That fixed it! Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.