Exploring ZMapp of West Africa...or how I got detained by the CDC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exploring ZMapp of West Africa...or how I got detained by the CDC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2016, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You were a bit unlucky on the AA plane, the transatlantic flights to/from LON are supposed to be fully flat. Possibly a substitution?

Also, as an AA Exec Plat (oneworld Emerald), you would have gotten free seat selection at any time on the BA flight. However it doesn't seem to have done you any harm.

Anyway, great report, thanks for writing it! ^
Old Jan 30, 2016, 6:19 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
luckily CDC did not probe you where the sun dont shine!
Old Jan 30, 2016, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Calchas
You were a bit unlucky on the AA plane, the transatlantic flights to/from LON are supposed to be fully flat. Possibly a substitution?
The fully flat promise is only on the JFK-LHR routes.

AA was supposed to be fully flat, but the issues getting the new seats (they are in the process of switching suppliers) have delayed getting all the 777-200s converted to fully flat.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 4:21 pm

I really enjoyed your report and photos, amazing trip. It is so interesting to see places that I will probably never see. Thank you for sharing.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 5:10 am

Great report as always Jason. Enjoyed reading every bit and look forward to the rest of your reports as you tick off the remaining countries.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 8:40 pm

Programs: IC.Spire Amb. Turkish Elite
Your reports are awesome. You seem to have friends from USA working all over Africa.
You are a great risk taker.
When you travel by air in West Africa, you tend to meet a lot of South African "contractors" , USA NGOs ,Chinese "infrastructure" guys and Nigerian "stomach infrastructure" politicians Google stomach infrastructure.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Walked by the La Tante DC 10 Restaurant on the way. I so can't wait to eat here when I come back through Accra again in May!
On my to-do list now when I eventually make it to Accra!: http://www.askthepilot.com/dc10-restaurant/
Old Feb 2, 2016, 4:25 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Great report, really enjoyed it.

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
To start the meal, another extremely generous pour...and who says the British aren't drinkers...
Who does say that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.