FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trip Reports (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports-177/)
-   -   RTW trip of the year! JL/SQ/EK Suites, Four Seasons, Park Hyatt, IC, Bali Villas (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1667217-rtw-trip-year-jl-sq-ek-suites-four-seasons-park-hyatt-ic-bali-villas.html)

TOMFORD Mar 29, 2015 7:07 pm

RTW trip of the year! JL/SQ/EK Suites, Four Seasons, Park Hyatt, IC, Bali Villas

edited

faceboy Mar 29, 2015 7:29 pm

Love the preview video... looking forward to the report^

batmandds Mar 29, 2015 8:25 pm

Great intro vid! Looking forward to this

Thunderroad Mar 30, 2015 11:38 am

Agreed that this is a fun trailer!

I'd be interested in your comparisons and preferences re the F experiences. on the three airlines.

Have a great trip!

MarylandFlyer244 Mar 30, 2015 12:25 pm

Very much looking forward to this report. Can't tell if I'm more excited for the pictures or the sarcastic and douchey humor!

farbster Mar 30, 2015 3:15 pm

Very nice! Can't wait to read this.

cxr Mar 30, 2015 4:13 pm

subscribed :)

mike&co Mar 31, 2015 9:00 am

Impressive video, can't wait for the rest, I thought it was a Hollywood blockbuster preview 😀

chongl Mar 31, 2015 9:56 pm

Seems to be a lot of good reports popping up this past week!

TOMFORD Apr 1, 2015 7:19 am

edited

geg Apr 1, 2015 10:27 am

How Many Points And From Which Programs ?

Great trip and I'm sure a tremendous amount of planning. Can you provide the above info ? Thanking you in advance.

GEG::)

Madone59 Apr 1, 2015 10:39 am

What a great start, looks like an awesome trip! Looking forward to the rest ^

injian Apr 1, 2015 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by agp423 (Post 24599556)
[SIZE="4"][B]

As the last one to board, I asked the gate agent if it’s possible for me to be upgraded to first class, which had one person in it (and no, it wasn’t that gate lice). I explained that I am connecting overnight in Chicago and will be on a Japan Airlines first class revenue flight tomorrow. The gate agent scanned my boarding pass and said, “no, because this is a free ticket”. Listen b****, it’s an award ticket, and it’s a positioning flight for a $10,000 flight tomorrow. Miles aren’t free. Miles are like money in that both are earned and that I earn more of both in a month than you in a year.

LOL, gagged on my coffee when I saw this. Looking forward to the rest. Love the Top Gear taglines. :)

Speaking of TG, sucks Clarkson got the boot and the other are not returning. Wont be the same again. :(

work2fly Apr 1, 2015 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by agp423 (Post 24599556)
As the last one to board, I asked the gate agent if it’s possible for me to be upgraded to first class, which had one person in it (and no, it wasn’t that gate lice). I explained that I am connecting overnight in Chicago and will be on a Japan Airlines first class revenue flight tomorrow. The gate agent scanned my boarding pass and said, “no, because this is a free ticket”. Listen b****, it’s an award ticket, and it’s a positioning flight for a $10,000 flight tomorrow. Miles aren’t free. Miles are like money in that both are earned and that I earn more of both in a month than you in a year.

Really?

Let me guess, it's your charm that earns you 'all that money' :D

TOMFORD Apr 1, 2015 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by Thunderroad (Post 24589499)
Agreed that this is a fun trailer!

I'd be interested in your comparisons and preferences re the F experiences. on the three airlines.

Have a great trip!

Thanks! I will comment on the three as well as comparing them to TG F, CX F, and last but not least, UA F, near the end of the TR. If I forget remind me and I will.

Originally Posted by mike&co (Post 24594535)
Impressive video, can't wait for the rest, I thought it was a Hollywood blockbuster preview ��

:D

Originally Posted by geg (Post 24600538)
Great trip and I'm sure a tremendous amount of planning. Can you provide the above info ? Thanking you in advance.

GEG::)

The two long flights (to Asia and back to the US) and the hotels in Shanghai is courtesy of my firm, because it is a business trip. Intra-Asia flights are on my own dime. If you'd like to know more send me a message.

Originally Posted by injian (Post 24601981)
LOL, gagged on my coffee when I saw this. Looking forward to the rest. Love the Top Gear taglines. :)

Speaking of TG, sucks Clarkson got the boot and the other are not returning. Wont be the same again. :(

It is really a shame. I'd like to know what really happened to. It's rumored that James and Richard are speaking of quitting as well.

Originally Posted by work2fly (Post 24602171)
Really?

Let me guess, it's your charm that earns you 'all that money' :D

Being nice doesn't get paid :rolleyes:, or upgraded.