Eurostar London to Paris in Standard Premier, video trip report

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.

Hello all

My latest video trip report, London to Paris on Eurostar in Standard Premier (discount First Class) is now available to view at

http://youtu.be/nugfYRTpCXE

In it you'll experience the glory of St Pancras station in London, breakfast at 186mph, plenty of snow in northern France before arrival into a cold and grey Paris.

Bon Voyage!
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:44 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Says video not found.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Are you sure? Works fine for me...
Old Feb 13, 2013, 2:08 am
Suspended

I appreciate your taking the time to post this but it just seemed like strung together clips of a large train station, a train ride, and some meh-looking food (after about a minute, I just zipped through it). Did anything exciting happen?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 4:44 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Thanks for the video. Was there a queue to check-in? How was the food and seating?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flubber2012
I appreciate your taking the time to post this but it just seemed like strung together clips of a large train station, a train ride, and some meh-looking food (after about a minute, I just zipped through it). Did anything exciting happen?
??? Isn't that the very essence of a trip report?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:41 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BA, QR
Cool

Thanks for the good video! We will be travelling on the train in June and wondered what it would be like.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:42 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Where do you clear immigration when you travel from London to Paris on Eurostar ? On the way back, do you still need to fill a landing card upon entering the UK ?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 3:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BahrainLad
??? Isn't that the very essence of a trip report?
Nothing against you but I guess this is the problem with a video TR. If a text and pic TR seems boring, it's easily apparent and you only spend seconds on it. For instance, if I wrote a TR on one of my weekly coach trips on the US Air Shuttle from BOS and DCA and showed pics of the ticket counter, gate lice, some coach seating, a plastic cup of Diet Coke, and my knees up against the seat in front of me...everyone could tell...Nothing to see here...move on.

Unfortunately, in a video TR, you have to take more time to see if there's anything that interests you.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Where do you clear immigration when you travel from London to Paris on Eurostar ? On the way back, do you still need to fill a landing card upon entering the UK ?
On the way to Paris, you clear immigration in London. There is a "friendly" French immigration officer who stamps an F with stars around it in your passport. You may assume to go to the longer line but in fact that's the EU citizens only line.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:55 pm

Programs: QF WP; HHonours
I really enjoyed your report in its format. I was in st pan. stn. Nov. and got very excited seeing the euostars. It is my plan to use the service to Paris one of my trips over to London. Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.