Search

BA Old First LAX-LHR And A VIP....

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2012, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF Plat Ultimate, BA GGL, MS Elite
BA Old First LAX-LHR And A VIP....

Dear all,

Here is my latest report featuring BA...

Be kind, I'm not Momba, SFO777, Short hair Francis.....

have a nice read.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/trip_reports/read.main/222652/

Tks

Thomas
Old Jul 28, 2012, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I had to do a double-take because I just ate at that exact Thai restaurant for lunch before sitting down to read this. I agree, some of the best Thai food in an area that has way too many Thai restaurants to begin with!

And incredibly jealous you met Becks! I'm surprised he flies commercial, he's quite a figure on both ends of that LAX-LHR route. Though I guess it was expected he'd take that flight sometime in the last week.

Surprised to see old F still flying...
Old Jul 28, 2012, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Hey, too bad we missed each other then... I love that one better than others, cheap and sooo damn good.

As for the report, only half were actually posted...

I've updated the link...

enjoy !

take care
Old Jul 28, 2012, 8:28 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
The Thai restaurant brings back memories. I used to frequent that place almost weekly went I was studying at USC.

Thanks for sharing!
Old Jul 28, 2012, 9:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Thanks for sharing; enjoyed the pics. We have SFO-LHR coming up in a few weeks and this makes me a lot more relaxed about whether or not we get new first. In other words, after reading your report, I guess it really doesn't matter because old first is still very very good.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 3:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Rather nice bonus to get your photo taken with Beckham!! Great report and nice pics - for some reason I always enjoy reading the menus! Thanks for sharing.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Very nice report... Thank you for sharing.

I am glad your experience of Old First was good... You are indeed correct, it may be an old product, but it is still comfortable.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
What was your impression of the lounge at LAX?
I will be flying out of there later in the year and and am not sure I want to visit, thinking I may stay at the Admiral's Club until boarding time.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:54 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by milesaddict
Be kind, I'm not Moomba, SFO777, Short hair Francis.....

have a nice read.

Tks

Thomas
Thank you, I'm liking the fact I get referenced twice in one day both in TR forum, nice
Usually, that's more reserved for eightblack or SFO777
Makes me feel like Beckham
Your pics sure reminds me why I hated that old BA Video System, and how outdated it was along with the old seat.
I do like BA New First. ^

Originally Posted by Gamecock
What was your impression of the lounge at LAX?
I will be flying out of there later in the year and and am not sure I want to visit, thinking I may stay at the Admiral's Club until boarding time.
I don't know how the OP will answer but I personally like the Flagship Lounge more myself.
AA has better ambiance in my opinion and a nice speed for the internet.
OW lounge has more alcohol and food, but internet is crawling slow

Or maybe its because I know half of the LAX AAngels, that might also have something to do with it
Old Jul 30, 2012, 7:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis

I don't know how the OP will answer but I personally like the Flagship Lounge more myself.
AA has better ambiance in my opinion and a nice speed for the internet.
OW lounge has more alcohol and food, but internet is crawling slow

Or maybe its because I know half of the LAX AAngels, that might also have something to do with it
Thanks for the help.

Sadly I am no longer an EXP and we will be flying J on the outbound.
So AC or OW lounge?

Always enjoyed the AC later in the evening. It is awesome to plane spot over at the TBIT.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 8:56 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Gamecock
Thanks for the help.

Sadly I am no longer an EXP and we will be flying J on the outbound.
So AC or OW lounge?

Always enjoyed the AC later in the evening. It is awesome to plane spot over at the TBIT.
Food & Drinks better at the OW,
views and internet better at AC if you ask me
Old Jul 31, 2012, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by PeterNem
Rather nice bonus to get your photo taken with Beckham!!
Seriously - for someone as big as him - I'm impressed you go the photo.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 3:52 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Very nice TR indeed milesaddict ^^

A bonus meeting David Beckham too!

Some nice aircraft photos there too which as an airliners.net lurker I very much enjoyed. I think having done a few BA F sectors (Old and new) I am still in the camp of seatwise that OF gets a better nights sleep and of course it does have a proper legrest too

Thanks for putting this together and sharing, appreciated. ^
Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, AF, BA, KE, SQ, CX, DL, TG
I am so jealous you get a photo with DB! I looked at many of your reports before! It's nice as always!
Old Aug 1, 2012, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Smile

Dear all, Tks for your comments, much appreciated. Sorry for my late feedback, I was packed at work.

calvinoeh:

You're welcome, indeed, I do the same, when I stay longer.

eefor jfp : It was the first time for me with BA Old First. I used to fly much more on the NF... Feel relaxed, and enjoy your flight ! Hope we get the chance to see your report.

PeterNem : Tks, yes I try to post menus because the choice is mine and it's nice to see what others can eat.

BingBongBoy : I was not sure about the outcome, but glad it turned great ! tks.

Gamecock : SHF replied, I won't drag it on, but yes it's a nice lounge. I guess it depends on your expectations. And what you are looking for. But I'll be delighted to be back there.

Short hair Francis : Well you deserve to be referenced. I wonder how you get your novel from... when reading your last report, I felt like reading a book... Great one anyway !
The NF looks too much like the new cirus CX J. Beside having a F service, it is worthy to pay F for BA when you can get almost the same seat on CX in J and pay twice cheaper ?? I really have to try the new cirus and get myself my thoughts. I do love the NF but....

bowdenj : I took advantage of a british guy asking DB to get pics with the daughter, and I asked the guy to take a pic as well.

PETER01 : Tks for you sweet comment ! I've decided to go on spotting, I don't do that on regular basis, but I figured it could be an advantage. I'm happy you enjoyed my work.

concorde02 : So I, I can't beat your RTW mega do... I also like your pics ! I feel too shy to ask the crew to take pic of me... but well done mate ! I've been very lucky since he was in the lounge for 20 min max. I wonder if he is BA premier ???

See you guys

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.