Wiki Posts
Search

Cheap flights to Buenos Aires

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2008, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Cheap flights to Buenos Aires

Hello fellow travelers,
My husband and I are new to flyertalk and were wondering if anyone in the online community might be able to help us find the cheapest possible plane tickets to Buenos Aires, Argentina. We plan to fly out at the end of December. Typically, I would buy the tickets far in advance; however, in light of the financial crisis, I am wondering if it would be better to wait. Does anyone think it likely that airline tickets will drop drastically in the upcoming week despite the holidays? They seem to have fallen even within the last few weeks, and I am wondering whether the trend will continue. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Travel on!
=),
Kelly and Erik

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Nov 25, 2008 at 8:48 am Reason: To merge into one post the same essential question posed separately
Old Nov 25, 2008, 6:47 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by KellyClampett
Hello fellow travelers,
My husband and I are new to flyertalk and were wondering if anyone in the online community might be able to help us find the cheapest possible plane tickets to Buenos Aires, Argentina. We plan to fly out at the end of December. Thanks!
Travel on!
=),
Kelly and Erik
You are talking about prime time for South America and flights tend to be packed full. Not sure of your destination as places like MIA have much more flights. Suggest that you might try Hotwire or Priceline. However, you will not be able to pick the flights or flights times or accrue ff miles.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 8:18 am

On the other hand, lower passenger demand could lead to reduced flights; hence less seats and higher prices.

If you see an acceptable deal, take it.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 8:46 am

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Timing ticket prices is like timing stocks...
Old Nov 25, 2008, 11:33 am

It's hard to predict prices, but its already late to be looking for deals to SA over the holiday season. You may get lucky if demand falls off sharply, but its rare to see sales to S. America over the X-mas/new years break. If you can find something at a price you can afford, I'd take it. You're not far from the 21-day advance purchase, that is usually required for the better deals.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 12:20 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Former E
South America in their summer is a pretty popular destination that doesn't have a huge amount of capacity compared to other routings like TransPac or TATL. It is also holiday time, so you have foreign ex-pats returning home, ex-pats from abroad heading back, tourists, etc..

You can find some relative bargains for business class - AC is showing (out of YVR) for $3.8K CAD all in vs the normal $6K+ - but I wouldn't count on any economy sales.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.