Wiki Posts
Search

"Fuel Weight Analysis Report" stranded plane on tarmac for over an hour

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2007, 2:50 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

"Fuel Weight Analysis Report" stranded plane on tarmac for over an hour

Just when I thought I had heard about every excuse for a flight delay, now this, a fuel weight analysis report has to be completed.

The flight left the gate right on time and moved quickly to the runway. It appeared that we would be taking off very soon into the bright sunny weather until we moved into the tarmac and the plane shut off its engine. Almost an hour passed before we heard a word from the pilot. He finally came on and said he was waiting for a fuel/weight/balance analysis report on the flight before we could take off. He told us we were number one for take off. About 30 minutes passed and we finally took off. What is this fuel/weight/balance report and why was it not completed when we were sitting at the gate?

Last edited by travel_guru; Oct 17, 2007 at 3:02 pm
Old Oct 17, 2007, 2:56 pm
J-M
Suspended

Part of the required preflight action for every flight is to do Weight and Balance paperwork, to make sure that the airplane is within the published weight and loading limits.

Normally this is done prior to or during passenger boarding. Sometimes the gate departure might be delayed a bit if refueling or loading of additional unplanned bags is still in progress. It sounds like in this case the fuel report may have been incorrect when it was delivered to the crew at the gate. This may have required the hold to correct the info before they could depart.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA, DAL, blah, blah, blah...The usual.
Originally Posted by travel_guru
Just when I thought I had heard about every excuse for a flight delay, now this, a fuel weight analysis report has to be completed.

The flight left the gate right on time and moved quickly to the runway. It appeared that we would be taking off very soon into the bright sunny weather until we moved into the tarmac and the plane shut off its engine. Almost an hour passed before we heard a word from the pilot. He finally came on and said he was waiting for a fuel/weight/balance analysis report on the flight before we could take off. He told us we were number one for take off. About 30 minutes passed and we finally took off. What is this fuel/weight/balance report and why was it not completed when we were sitting at the gate?
I'm not familiar with your specific situation, but...
Sounds like contract negotiation time!
You'll also see a step increase in crew refusals of equipment as the pilots' unions begin their routine run-up to negotiations.
Not to say any of them are not legit. It's just that, for some reason, there are faaaar fewer of them after a contract is signed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.