FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Amenity kits... How do you use them? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/491083-amenity-kits-how-do-you-use-them.html)

midnight sun Nov 8, 2005 8:25 am

Amenity kits... How do you use them?

#1- IPOD case
#2-Sons Game boy case
#3-1st Aid kit in the car

How do you use them?? I must have 50+

globetrekker84 Nov 8, 2005 8:30 am

Laptop AC adaptor pouch.

willie--wonka Nov 8, 2005 8:32 am

RE:amenity kits

When I have a dozen or so, I donate them to Hospice for incoming patients.
They never seem to have enough.

bdjohns1 Nov 8, 2005 8:34 am

I know it's been discussed here several times before, but like the OP, I'm not going to both searching. :)

I have 2 (shows how often I fly int'l C/F). I use them to store all of my little travel acessories - chargers, USB hub, mouse, etc. They fit neatly in my laptop bag next to my iGo charger bag and a paperback or two.

LH has those drawstring pouches, which I sometimes use on longer flights as my "stuff to keep at the seat" bag - usually before the flight I'll put my iPod, earbuds, a book, a couple of crossword puzzles from the previous days of the paper, a pen, and any drugs I'll need if I'm ill/need to sleep. When I get to my seat, I can just grab the small bag out of my carry-on, put my carry-on in the overhead, and I'm in my seat and out of the way of everyone else.

no more lurking Nov 8, 2005 8:45 am

See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447874

izzik Nov 8, 2005 9:31 am

I keep them in case I have an overnight visitor that needs temporary amenities.
:)

Hiro32 Nov 8, 2005 9:37 am

Sell them on eBay, just kidding :p

SEA_Tigger Nov 8, 2005 9:56 am

I use the Business Class ones to hold electronic accessories (emPower adapter, the pylons for my Targus Coolpad, cellphone, spare batteries, etc.) and the First Class ones to hold CDs/DVDs (since that is what the case really is).

I donate the contents to charitable organizations, sans the eyeshades and toothbrush, which I find convenient for travel use.

gosflyer Nov 8, 2005 10:00 am

I also use them to store electronics: Ipod, Shures, A/C adapters, etc.

Lori_Q Nov 8, 2005 10:23 am

I have kits from various eras and, thanks to SanDiego1K, a few different airlines. Having different types of bags helps identify the contents at a glance:

1. Knitting projects (mouse-brown UA First drawstring bags)
2. Shoes (large black UA First drawstring bags, circa 1998)
3. Digital-camera accessories (recent BA First zippered bag with a picture of a float plane printed on it)
4. Palm power cord (small blue drawstring)
5. Laptop mouse (zippered blue vinyl bag from early-1990s Connoisseur Class)
6. Empower adaptor (zippered maroon cloth bag from mid-1990s Connoisseur Class)
7. Sony headsets (black velvet Emirates headset bag)

cawhite Nov 8, 2005 10:24 am

Originally Posted by willie--wonka
When I have a dozen or so, I donate them to Hospice for incoming patients.
They never seem to have enough.

Similar here. Along with hotel amenities, I take them to a shelter for women/children.

CGK Nov 8, 2005 10:39 am

Most goes to friends and family in my home country. And occasionally, share them with other FTers who want to have them.

BenjaminNYC Nov 8, 2005 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by izzik
I keep them in case I have an overnight visitor that needs temporary amenities.
:)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Kurt Nov 8, 2005 12:37 pm

I understand several cases of UA amenity kits were dropped by helicopter to fill the breach in the Industrial Canal in New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina <ducks>.

SEA_Tigger Nov 8, 2005 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Kurt
I understand several cases of UA amenity kits were dropped by helicopter to fill the breach in the Industrial Canal in New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina <ducks>.

You are incorrect, sir.

They were several cases of frozen UA filets. :D