Wiki Posts
Search

Ideas for amenity kit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2005, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Star Gold (lifetime)
Question Ideas for amenity kit

I'm running out of uses for my growing collection of amenity kits and thought to start a thread to see what others do with theirs. I use an old Continental one as my main toiletry bag, a newer one is used for my digital camera gear. The united ones (both the bag and zipper pouch) are being used for computer stuff. Anyone have other uses or suggestions, hate to leave them on the plane or throw them out
Old Jun 29, 2005, 5:20 am

Programs: Life IS good !!! ®
Originally Posted by no more lurking
I'm running out of uses for my growing collection of amenity kits and thought to start a thread to see what others do with theirs. I use an old Continental one as my main toiletry bag, a newer one is used for my digital camera gear. The united ones (both the bag and zipper pouch) are being used for computer stuff. Anyone have other uses or suggestions, hate to leave them on the plane or throw them out
Beyond the uses already mentioned by the OP, I like to keep 2 or 3 of them in my linen closet in case a house guest happens to have misplaced or forgotten something.

They also make wonderful additions to care packages (add a book of stamps, a prepaid calling card, some gum, etc) to send to a local military outfit currently serving somewhere overseas; or as an additional present to go along with homemade holiday meals (let's face it, we cook so much food anyway) for people living on the street. Think of it as a MR of the heart.
Old Jun 29, 2005, 6:02 am
Suspended

I have a bunch of UA Business Class ones. I use one to hold my iPod, its charger and the headphones. I use another to hold my empower charger and all my foreign adaptors. My wife uses one for makeup,etc.
Old Jun 29, 2005, 6:14 am

The Continental ones with the two separate zippered compartments are especially handy for keeping cords and such organized - I keep one with my empower charger and travel adaptors, and a separate one with spare laptop battery, network cables, etc. Sometimes a 3rd one as a toilet kit.

The NW/KLM ones are great for keeping pens, pencils, markers, crayons in - schoolteacher friends seem to like them. And I guess folks travelling with kids could use them too.

Gave a few to friends and family that normally ride in the back of the bus (do they even give eyeshades in Y?)

But . . . like you, I have a drawer full of them left that I'm not sure what to do with.
Old Jun 29, 2005, 6:47 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
My wife uses one for makeup,etc.
Yeah, your wife, riggghhhhtttttt.

When I first read this topic, I assumed it was one of wimpy's...
Old Jun 29, 2005, 8:37 am

and

I keep one in my travel/laptop bag and throw spare change in there...I hate carrying change.
Old Jun 29, 2005, 9:43 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
One holds my contact kit (fluid, eyedrops, lens case, mirror, etc.).
One holds my empower adapter.
One holds my toiletries for travel.
One of the old, gold F-class "sacks" holds my iPod charger, cord, etc., but I keep my iPod separately in a smaller drawstring bag made by Sony for its CD Walkman product.
Old Jun 29, 2005, 11:53 am

Programs: SPEBSQSA
Give them to a local domestic violence shelter.
Old Jun 29, 2005, 12:19 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
as this is noot UAL specific I am sending it to travelbuzz whee you will get many use

Originally Posted by AZ_MISMAN
Old Jun 29, 2005, 12:20 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
as this is noot UAL specific I am sending it to travelbuzz whee you will get many use

As this is not UAL specific I am moving it to travel buzz - where you will get many good ideas -

incl domestic violence shelters, homeless shelters, group homes, orphanages etc

thanks

squeakr

MOD UAL
Old Jun 29, 2005, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA GS 4MM
Originally Posted by AZ_MISMAN
i keep a basket, and when it fills i do exactly that. been doing it for many years. it is greatly appreciated. do not open them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.