Wiki Posts
Search

How to get from San Jose to Oakland?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2004, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA
How to get from San Jose to Oakland?

Well, for once I try to be spontaneus and use my miles for a quick weekend trip. I fly into San Jose and get my rental car there. I have to return it to San Jose Airport on Monday, but I fly out of Oakland.
I can neither get a flight out of San Jose (well, I am waitlisted, but its looking very bad as its overbooked), nor can I return my rental car in Oakland, what is the best way to get from one airport to the other?
Please keep in mind that I am a (nearly) broke college student, so a taxi is out of the question. Is there any public transport available? Greyhound? Some Insider trick?
Old Sep 3, 2004, 9:52 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
It takes a while, but you can go from SJC to OAK by public transit:

From SJC, Board Airport Flyer (VTA #10) at Airport. Exit at the Metro Light Rail Station. Board Light Rail at Metro. Exit at Civic Center. Take the VTA #180 Express Bus to Fremont Bart Station.
Then, take BART to COLISEUM and swich to AirBART to OAKLAND AIRPORT
Old Sep 4, 2004, 10:54 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by Daydream
nor can I return my rental car in Oakland,
Just curious why you can't return your car to OAK. Nearly every car rental company allows this, even if for a small fee.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA
It was a priceline car rental. Pricelines website lists as only return to same location. I called Alamo and they told me I could not.

Well, when I picked the car up I asked and the agent said that they dont have Alamo in Oakland, but National, and I am more than invited to just drop the car off there and tell them it was an Alamo rental. It would cost me an extra 30 dollars, but I havent seen the charge appear on my account yet. All in all it worked just great I liked oakland airport better than San Jose.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AA CK MM, HH Diamond, SPG Prem Plat
Originally Posted by yevlesh2
It takes a while, but you can go from SJC to OAK by public transit:

From SJC, Board Airport Flyer (VTA #10) at Airport. Exit at the Metro Light Rail Station. Board Light Rail at Metro. Exit at Civic Center. Take the VTA #180 Express Bus to Fremont Bart Station.
Then, take BART to COLISEUM and swich to AirBART to OAKLAND AIRPORT
They opened the Milbrae intermodal center recently where to get from SJC to OAK via train as well.

Go to www.transitinfo.org to get all the routes and maps and such.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.