Wiki Posts
Search

Chargeback troubles?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2001, 11:33 am
LB
Original Poster

Chargeback troubles?

I'm looking for stories from travelers who have had troubles with their credit card issuers refusing chargebacks for purchases made overseas. Specifically, has anyone had a chargeback refused when the goods they bought turned out to be lower quality than represented?
Old Jul 19, 2001, 9:50 am

We are in a dispute with Visa over a chargeback. We paid $4500 to a travel club in Puerto Vallarta one year ago and basically received nothing for our money. Visa say it's between us and the Merchant (there is no merchant, they left town). They say they are still investigating but it seems more like a "stall". We feel that we should receive a refund under "no goods received" but they say we signed a contract (actually a piece of paper, nothing more).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.