Search

Business Booms for Hotel Near the Artic Circle

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2000, 5:59 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Business Booms for Hotel Near the Artic Circle

It's 11:30 p.m. and guests at an interactive-media conference here are winding down with some drinks at the bar. But instead of thinking about bed, they move on to a round of midnight golf.

They're not playing in the dark, though. It's June and still light outside, and the conference, gathering 350 representatives of around 100 companies involved with interactive media, takes place close to the Arctic Circle. The owners of the host Pite Havsbad hotel feel their location is an advantage.
http://travel.wsj.com/n/SB969544359733206575-main.html
Old Sep 28, 2000, 10:31 am

Programs: SK EBD, AX Cent, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Club-A Plat, Avis' PC, CC Gold,Hertz PC, CX Diamond,BA Bronz
Been there, done that! Great feeling for a few days until you do get a bit of jet lag.
Also went to TOS (Tromsų) last summer and when waking up in my hotelroom at 4AM always thought I had overslept!
Old Sep 29, 2000, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

As The Viking can surely confirm, the Arctic Circle despite the nice "ring" to the name is not especially North, nor cold. Fairbanks Alaska for instance is virtually on it!

I spent Christmas once at Rovaniemi on the Arctic Circle in Finnish Lappland. A superb few days, .. the Concorde lands (well lets say landed!) there each year at that time. There is a photo of me at The Santa Claus PO there on this link:

http://home-1.worldonline.nl/~madejong/macpo.htm

Same link has a photo of me at the Arctic SEA which is a whole other place - WAY further North, at Barrow Alaska. Even in JUNE it was below Zero there .. witness the deep snow in the photos!

------------------
~ Glen ~

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.