Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How has the on-time record been in the era of COVID? [at JFK]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2020, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

How has the on-time record been in the era of COVID? [at JFK]

I'm looking at a 90 minute layover at JFK (international, from LHR) and also at IAD. Obviously JFK is the most important. I would tend to think that the on-time record must be doing well now.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton
Arrived 61 min early the other day. All good here.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by swampwiz
I'm looking at a 90 minute layover at JFK (international, from LHR) and also at IAD. Obviously JFK is the most important. I would tend to think that the on-time record must be doing well now.
https://flightaware.com/miserymap/usKEWR

(see data for today/yesterday)
https://flightaware.com/live/cancelled/yesterday
Old Sep 30, 2020, 10:18 am
Original Poster

I've had a change in plans. Delta has a good combo of LHR-ATL-MSY with only a 2 hour layover (net 13-1/2), so I will overnight at LHR instead of JFK.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 9:28 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
On AA back when flights were empty flights were arriving very early in part due to less airport congestion. More recently I'm seeing flights arrive closer or even past arrival time. The good aspect it would seem is that because of reduced flight schedules and additional time needed for cleaning turn times are being lengthened, particularly at hubs. So if your inbound a/c arrives early your departure will be likely to go out on time.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
OAG has stopped publishing their reports, so anything is anecdotal.

It would be interesting to see if notoriously late airlines (like AC with their OTP always <50%) have improved with less flights operating

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.