Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What's your weirdest seat-mate behavior?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's your weirdest seat-mate behavior?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak

I was just thinking over the weekend I need to fly more. Then I come back to this thread. 😀
The worst are the nose pickers IMHO.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by zitsky
The worst are the nose pickers IMHO.
worse than that is the pick AND smears.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 5:33 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Sitting backwards in CW, enjoying pre-departure bubbles when a woman, sat across the aisle, efffing glared at me and gave me a dirty look for drinking bubbles. 20 minutes later, said lady was downing one screwdriver after the other.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
worse than that is the pick AND smears.
Don't put that image in my head! I may report you to the mods for offensive language! Where are my seat covers? LOL.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:02 am

Hairspray/perfume Lady

I once sat in the aisle with a the most garishly-dressed elder lady in the window seat, in the last row of the plane. She was loud in every way - dyed red hair, animal print top, bright orange pants and especially her voice. Partway through the flight she proceeded to redo her already thickly-applied makeup and fix her hair. Unfortunately, this included spraying copious amounts of hairspray. I was mortified that people might think it was me - there was a cloud around our row. After that she reapplied perfume, adding to her assault on everyone’s nasal passages. But she wasn’t done. She engaged in a long tirade full of racially insulting speech (we were the same race, but there were people who weren’t close enough to hear). As much as I tried to deflect her, she had to say her piece, While she was talking, she pulled out her carry-on and I could hear that she had a tambourine in there. Seeing a way to change the subject, I interrupted her mid-sentence to ask about it. She told me that a thing she does is she goes up on stage to “help performers” with their songs. I asked if it was a performer I might know and she said she doesn’t know them (!), but it’s clear they need the help.

As as we were disembarking, a man from the row ahead of me waited for me so that he could express his sympathy for having that seat mate.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: AC, SWA, AA, NWA, EVA
I was on an EVA flight in business class whent he FA came by and offered up hot towels. The couple sitting across he aisle proceeded to take their shoes and socks off and wash their feet. Not particularly appetizing for the upcoming meal service. But they did eat with their hands which was a relief.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zitsky
Don't put that image in my head! I may report you to the mods for offensive language! Where are my seat covers? LOL.
you mean.. where are my WASHED seat covers!
Old Jun 16, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: BA Rust, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Off the top of my head and funnily enough both UA flights:

Guy flying to Australia, on standby for days apparently, to meet his girlfriend who he has NEVER SEEN or TALKED TO. Purely online dating ad with a description. Was so flabbergasted I had to ask.

A few years earlier on transcon in the front row of Y before E+ happened. A really eccentric guy who took it upon himself to cover the screens with tin foil claiming that we were being watched. Despite attracting the FAs' attention the plane was rammed so nowhere to escape to.
mendezka likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by ElegantMess

Guy flying to Australia, on standby for days apparently, to meet his girlfriend who he has NEVER SEEN or TALKED TO. Purely online dating ad with a description. Was so flabbergasted I had to ask.

A few years earlier on transcon in the front row of Y before E+ happened. A really eccentric guy who took it upon himself to cover the screens with tin foil claiming that we were being watched. Despite attracting the FAs' attention the plane was rammed so nowhere to escape to.
Why should you go anywhere? The crazy guy should be offloaded. I don't want him going off during the flight.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 2:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by ElegantMess

I wish I had tin foil on a flight and had thought of that once. I was flying in economy on UA from JFK-NRT. I was also in the first row of coach before E+. The screen was on the bulkhead right in front of me. For the first movie they showed this animated thing about ants. I think Sylvester Stallone and Woody Allen did two of the voices. After it finished they came on the PA and said the movie system was broken and they could only show that movie so they would keep on showing it in case people had missed it. They showed it like 8 times total. Every time I would open my eyes those damn ants were running around on the screen in front of me.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 2:48 pm

Was it ever rephrased? I'm glassed over here with Spanish language World Cup coverage and I'm having trouble paying attention.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 5:43 pm

Teddy bears

CW on BA to new york.
lady across the aisle from me took 23 teddy bears out of her bags and arranged them on the floor round her seat.
Stewardess made her pick them up of course for take off, but they came out again after.
She introduced the stewardess to each one individually by name.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 6:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by lawrenson
CW on BA to new york.
lady across the aisle from me took 23 teddy bears out of her bags and arranged them on the floor round her seat.
Stewardess made her pick them up of course for take off, but they came out again after.

Welcome to Flyertalk! And a fine start! ^
Old Jun 23, 2018, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Originally Posted by Shombolar
Me at the window, squished in by a large guy in the middle seat who uncapped an empty Mountain Dew bottle and proceeded to spit huge gobfuls of chaw into it. For three hours.
cant do that anymore at least not on UA flights.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lawrenson
CW on BA to new york.
Love this one.
Hilde likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.