Reload this Page >

Cabin Temperature on Transatlantic Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cabin Temperature on Transatlantic Flights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: Delta Silver thanks to Million Miles; Choice Plat., point scrounger everywhere
Does a fan help? I travel with a 10-inch fan with rechargeable battery which fits in the laptop section of my carry-on backpack. It's not just the planes to and from Europe that are hot. Europe is incredibly hot winter and summer. Public spaces are kept at high temperatures at all times. Trains are kept at about 80 degrees. My fan has seen lots of use. Link below:

Amazon Amazon
Old Apr 9, 2018, 5:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by milepig
Not all airlines have individual air nozzles on all their planes and that's a no-go for me. I've never found a reliable source to check this information, it would be a huge enhancement to Seat Guru. If I can't get air flow I perish.

All UA INTL birds (as far as I know) have nozzles.

I've found that Lufthansa tends to keep their planes hot, too hot for me. Not TATL, but I've been able to pursued SQ to lower the temp when asked.
That's a huge drawback for the modern cabin layout. It gives a more wide open look to things but the vents are so high and far away from the seat that they're more for decoration than anything.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by anniegray
American flights are usually far too cold for me. Nearly died of hypothermia once lol
Really? Did they divert the flight so you could get medical attention?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by Rebelyell
Does a fan help? I travel with a 10-inch fan with rechargeable battery which fits in the laptop section of my carry-on backpack. It's not just the planes to and from Europe that are hot. Europe is incredibly hot winter and summer. Public spaces are kept at high temperatures at all times. Trains are kept at about 80 degrees. My fan has seen lots of use. Link below:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014CLAL8S?ref=emc_b_5_t
Sorry. I'd laugh if I saw someone pull out that fan on a flight. It's huge.

Last edited by Annalisa12; Apr 11, 2018 at 5:04 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.