Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > USA
Reload this Page >

Possible to get a 2nd US Passport expedited on a walk-in?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 5:43 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many

In NYC. Say I walk in to the passport office branch, can I request they expedite a request for a 2nd passport. I don't need to use the second passport until August, but will be out of the country from May until I need to use the second passport. Also, what sort of documentation and materials will I need to bring with me? This is for a 2-year validity second passport, which in this case is to ease the headaches involved in traveling between Israel and certain Arab countries that won't let you in with an Israeli stamp. Thanks.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Firstly, not going to happen. To get a replacement, as they don't do doubles, you'd have to surrender the original or report it lost. If you did so and then tried using the original passport you'd have a very very interesting time.

Secondly unless you're doing the land crossing from Jordan you won't get an Israeli Stamp any longer. It's a slip that isn't attached to the passport.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 6:02 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Firstly, not going to happen. To get a replacement, as they don't do doubles, you'd have to surrender the original or report it lost. If you did so and then tried using the original passport you'd have a very very interesting time.

Secondly unless you're doing the land crossing from Jordan you won't get an Israeli Stamp any longer. It's a slip that isn't attached to the passport.
They absolutely issue second passports with 2 year validity.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 6:47 pm
formerly bdohmen

Programs: Still dealing with the loss of my BA Concorde Room Card

Absolutely doable. Call the passport hotline and then will explain the different criteria under which you can get one and will give you the exact language you need to write in your application for approval. If you can goto the passport office they should be able to turn it around in a day, a few more if you need to mail it.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 7:16 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bdohmen
Absolutely doable. Call the passport hotline and then will explain the different criteria under which you can get one and will give you the exact language you need to write in your application for approval. If you can goto the passport office they should be able to turn it around in a day, a few more if you need to mail it.
Thanks, I'll stop in this week.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Are you talking US passport?

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
They absolutely issue second passports with 2 year validity.
Did some more research and you're correct about a 2 year and a 10 year possible.

Last edited by Yoshi212; Apr 14, 2014 at 7:57 pm
Old Apr 14, 2014, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Are you talking US passport?
Yes

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/94669.pdf
Old Apr 15, 2014, 6:28 am
formerly bdohmen

Programs: Still dealing with the loss of my BA Concorde Room Card
Quote:

Thanks, I'll stop in this week.
If you have global entry there is also a spot to add your second passport to your profile.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 7:27 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
In NYC. Say I walk in to the passport office branch, can I request they expedite a request for a 2nd passport. I don't need to use the second passport until August, but will be out of the country from May until I need to use the second passport. Also, what sort of documentation and materials will I need to bring with me? This is for a 2-year validity second passport, which in this case is to ease the headaches involved in traveling between Israel and certain Arab countries that won't let you in with an Israeli stamp. Thanks.
Israel still stamping your US passport pages when flying in and out of TLV?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 1:45 pm

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
You can enter and exit Israel without them stamping your passport. I did. They stamp a piece of paper. There is absolutely no evidence in my passport that I ever visited Israel.

They do the same when I visit the Turkish-occupied part of Cyprus.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 8:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by STBCypriot
You can enter and exit Israel without them stamping your passport. I did. They stamp a piece of paper. There is absolutely no evidence in my passport that I ever visited Israel.

They do the same when I visit the Turkish-occupied part of Cyprus.
I'm not sure if it's worth chancing it, or if I should just get the 2nd passport. I am going from Israel through Jordan to Lebanon, and then from there to Iran.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: Delta FO
I picked up a 2nd passport in San Diego last week. Piece of cake. Dropped off my existing passport, along with the letter of explanation and copies of my flight itineraries, then returned the next day to pick up my 2nd passport. Just make sure you get your letter right. Cost is $170 at the walk-in locations.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 2:06 pm
Suspended

I'm not sure if it's worth chancing it, or if I should just get the 2nd passport. I am going from Israel through Jordan to Lebanon, and then from there to Iran.
Do you realize that if the Lebanese and/or Iranians send you (or perhaps someone else) for a customs search they may discover both passports unless you have left/sent one of the US passports elsewhere before getting to Lebanon or Iran.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 11:03 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Do you realize that if the Lebanese and/or Iranians send you (or perhaps someone else) for a customs search they may discover both passports unless you have left/sent one of the US passports elsewhere before getting to Lebanon or Iran.
Of course, which is why I will be mailing my second passport home from Amman during my layover between TLV and BEY...
Old Apr 20, 2014, 12:01 pm
Suspended

Of course, which is why I will be mailing my second passport home from Amman during my layover between TLV and BEY...
Doing TLV, BEY and THR visit on one trip can be done on one passport. A passenger can fly to TLV and then the pax can fly from TLV to BEY via an airport stopover in a third or fourth country on separtely ticketed PNRs. [From BEY to THR the passport wouldn't be an issue merely because of stamps in passport.]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.