FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Flyertalk confessional (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/1530653-flyertalk-confessional.html)

remphish1 Dec 13, 2013 7:27 am

Flyertalk confessional

Anything to confess? I feel like I am hiding some secrets but I..

Never flown Business or First class
I have only been to one presidents club before
I never flown Jet Blue, Usair (and never will!)
I actually dont mind Ryan Air
I usualy run off a flight at an international destination to beat the line at passport/customs (been screwed one too many times by long lines)
I love to sit by the window but have a bad bladder and need an aisle :rolleyes:
I tease my wife about ATL all the time but it really is a pretty well run airport (she's from ATL metro)

I'm sure I will think of more!

TOMFORD Dec 13, 2013 9:27 am

I confess too...

FT, I am madly in love with you.

mandolino Dec 13, 2013 11:28 am

I use my rollaboard to accidentally on purpose trip queue jumpers who thinking they're sneaking past on my blind side.

tryathlete Dec 13, 2013 3:01 pm

I stole upgrades using Expert Flyer. I am not remorseful, just smug.

andreirublev Dec 13, 2013 4:16 pm

Earlier in the month, I had the time available and mileage-run routing picked out to re-qualify. I never booked it because I just plain didn't feel like going through with it. Now it's too late in the year and I'm doomed to drop a tier.

TH310 Dec 13, 2013 5:22 pm

Flyertalk confessional

When I wake up at 3am I reach for my phone and read FT posts until I fall back asleep. Not exactly a secret because my night owl husband then says "what's new with FT?"

GRALISTAIR Dec 13, 2013 5:50 pm

I have never flown on a 747 on nearly 850 flights flown
I am addicted to Business or First class
I have been to many Skyclubs
I actually don't mind Gordons
Jack Daniels is not bourbon
I sometime absolutely lust after a real cute flight attendant
I have never flown Jet Blue, Spirit or Allegiant.
I quite like Ryan Air and EasyJet
I love to sit by the window
I go out of my way to get unusual routings
I will pay good money to fly into a new airport
My wife loves WN because of the nonstop flights

RRDD Dec 13, 2013 6:18 pm

I don't mind the CRJ200.

hco Dec 13, 2013 6:42 pm

I prefer trains over planes ^^

satman40 Dec 13, 2013 6:56 pm

Nothing like a hot FA, but on most of my flights I get the one with seniority, but who cares my wife is with me, and at 70 they grin back.

I have more miles than I can use, and don't always feel like leaving home.

I am up a lot at night, so the IPad has FT on quite a bit,

It took me 30 years to get a MM, today it takes 2 years, go ahead and devalue them who cares, I hurt far more when they quit paying interest on my saving account, talk about being devalued, even my SS Check seems to be devalued,

Tomorrow will be a better day, it is almost Christmas,

toomanybooks Dec 13, 2013 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by TH310 (Post 21962350)
When I wake up at 3am I reach for my phone and read FT posts until I fall back asleep. Not exactly a secret because my night owl husband then says "what's new with FT?"

I do exactly the same thing. Except I am the husband.

All kinds of weird British/European posts at that hour under "New Posts."

nickelfish Dec 13, 2013 8:46 pm

Confession? Kinda Not Really.

I was a lurker for over a year before I joined. I've been using all, well a lot, of the tips and tricks to accumulate miles in order to take my family to New Zealand. After three years, I'm still no where near enough. Lol! But, I keep waiting for those couple of posts that will be my big earning opportunity.

So, maybe not really a confession of sorts....maybe more like a big thank you to all that post here. The threads really do help inspire me to keep plugging away. It may take another three years, but I'll get there eventually. Devaluations and all!

CruisingAltitude47 Dec 13, 2013 10:27 pm

I only just crossed .5mm this year
Sometimes I exaggerate my work travel percentage when people ask so my mileage runs appear to make more sense...but I'm just addicted to planes and airports.
Even though I know they don't carry Glenlivet on AA anymore, I still ask for it in 1st just out of principle.

ThePointsCollector Dec 13, 2013 11:21 pm

I am straight ..

BuildingMyBento Dec 14, 2013 1:02 am

Originally Posted by remphish1 (Post 21959280)
Anything to confess? I feel like I am hiding some secrets but I..

I usually run off a flight at an international destination to beat the line at passport/customs (been screwed one too many times by long lines)

I'm sure I will think of more!

Yep. But then half of the time we ending up running into another queue!

It's all about waiting in that one place, next to a (at that time) empty immigration counter, when a couple of flights have landed...