Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

LHR-SYD via Guangzhou with 16 hr layover, visa free experiences?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR-SYD via Guangzhou with 16 hr layover, visa free experiences?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2013, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Question LHR-SYD via Guangzhou with 16 hr layover, visa free experiences?

Hi all,

I'm traveling from LHR-SYD via Guangzhou and reading about the china visa free cities, Guangzhou being one of them. http://www.travelchinaguide.com/emba...a/free-72hour/ Looks like this just was started in August this year, wondering if anyone has any experiences with this?

There are two of us, one US one UK citizen - will there be an issue seeing the city in Guangzhou to see some sites for 10 or so hours before heading back to the airport?

Also, i don't see any direct reference to this on travel.state.gov for some reason? On UK's FCO I see this https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements however does not mention Guangzhou?

thanks in advance
Old Sep 12, 2013, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
http://www.gdcrj.com/bszn/wgrcrj/wgr...0802_27060.htm
Old Sep 12, 2013, 7:57 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Thank you. Helps me as well.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Huge thread about this in the FT China forum.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 10:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This is great to see a statement of the official rules.

I was surprised to see that at CAN, you get somewhat more than 72 hours for TWOV, depending on the time of day your flight arrives: arrival day is counted as day 0, day 1 starts at midnight, you can stay throughout days 1, 2, and 3 provided that you are scheduled to leave no later than 11:59 pm at the end of your third full day.

AFAIK, when one does 72 hour TWOV at PEK or PVG/SHA, you can stay for exactly up to 72 hours, with day 1 starting literally when you arrive (or when your flight is scheduled to arrive for TIMATIC and your airline permitting you to board), so that if, for example, you arrive at 5 pm, you must be scheduled to depart by 5 pm exactly 72 hours later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.