Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Program For UK Citizens

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2013, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Global Entry Program For UK Citizens

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.
I read ages ago that the Global Entry program was being trialled with select invitees from the UK, with a view to rolling it out to more UK Citizens.

I am on a L1A Visa, live in the USA and fly USA/UK around 10 times per year.

Is there any hope for me!
Thanks,
Tom
Old Mar 20, 2013, 11:18 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Welcome back to FT themoosieman! According to this thread from last year, it looks like there was a very limited trial program.

But the CBP says that
Global Entry is available for citizens, nationals, and lawful permanent residents* of the United States, Dutch citizens (who are members of Privium), Korean citizens (who are members of the Smart Entry Service) and Mexican nationals of all ages, provided they have not been found guilty of a criminal offense, charged with a customs or immigration offense, or declared inadmissible to the U.S. under immigration law.
I hope that this helps!

Delta747
Old Mar 21, 2013, 3:12 am

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Waiting for this to be opened to us Aussies. Especially now that the US passport holders can use the equivalent smart gates while entering Australia.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 3:26 am

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
Originally Posted by SQ421
Waiting for this to be opened to us Aussies. Especially now that the US passport holders can use the equivalent smart gates while entering Australia.
Agreed. In my case I don't care if it is UK or AU but it should happen.
Old May 29, 2013, 12:22 pm
Suspended

UKBF continues to deliver nothing

I have been in contact with my MP over this for years. The British Government signed up for the Expedited Traveller Program along with many other countries. The others have all met their commitments whilst the UK have done virtually nothing but waffle. Each time my MP has written to the Home Office Minister the UKBA/UKBF have responded about the work they are doing, the pilot with BA, the work to roll out the dubious Egates to replace the fully functional IRIS etc etc. The truth is they have delivered nothing and they are being protected from criticism as the current and previous administrations have no interest in it. Government ministers do not have to queue in immigration and they do not see any votes in it. Far better to go on about EU passport holder wait times and how wonderful the unreliable egates are. My personal view is that this is a shocking condemnation of the UKBF. Holland, Australia and many others have met their international agreements and their citizens are benefiting whilst the UK citizens are getting a very raw deal from a complacent inactive bureaucracy. What I find even more annoying is the ignorant blaming the US or the Australians for not letting UK citizens use their systems when it is the British Government who are totally to blame. Rant over...
Old Jul 7, 2013, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
The inaction of the UK Government is appalling

I am in total agreement with rjlon. The inaction of the British Government is appalling - as you say, no votes in it. I, too, travel backwards and forwards to/from the US and have to endure the MIA/or LAX queues to enter the country. The UK is supposed to be the US's closest ally - hah! If I was Mexican or Korean I could use GE!!!! This from the US website:

Global Entry is available for citizens, nationals, and lawful permanent residents of the United States, Dutch citizens (who are members of Privium), Korean citizens (who are members of the Smart Entry Service) and Mexican nationals of all ages, provided they have not been found guilty of a criminal offense, charged with a customs or immigration offense, or declared inadmissible to the U.S. under immigration law.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.