Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any other faithful Uber users?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2013, 10:15 am
Original Poster

I have found Uber increasingly useful when traveling, it allows me to have a consistent level of service and I can generally avoid local cash transactions. By far the best experience has been in London where we were picked up in a brand new BMW 7 Series.

Probably not for everyone or every trip, but I find it a really handy service to

Last edited by obscure2k; Jul 6, 2013 at 11:37 am Reason: Deleted referral link.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 11:11 am

Programs: Delta PM Hilton Diamond Bonvoy Ti/LTP Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mkarolian
I have found Uber increasingly useful when traveling, it allows me to have a consistent level of service and I can generally avoid local cash transactions. By far the best experience has been in London where we were picked up in a brand new BMW 7 Series. ^
Have started using Uber recently myself. Really convenient to do it all by text message and of course the product itself is much nicer than a typical taxi. I use it pretty exclusively when traveling for work now, and maybe half the time (compared to cabs) when traveling personally.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 11:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I use it all the time. Uniformly reliable, pricing is great and a heck of a lot nicer than a cab. Not quite like scheduled car service because there's always a risk that there's nothing available at the moment, but it's rare.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 11:36 am

So long as I'm not departing for the airport at an absurdly early hour (All too often...), I use Uber for the vast majority of the times that I would've used taxis in the past. The cost differential is fairly small, considering the difference in service. For example, home to DCA is usually $20ish via cab for me, while Uber comes in around $30. I particularly enjoy skipping the retardedly slow taxi rank at DCA when I return at a peak time.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 4:22 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, KLM Gold, AB Gold, Accor Plat, BW Diamond, Qantas Svr, Etihad Svr

Über rocks! I used it extensively in Paris, including a rush to the Airport to collect a lost passport! Great cars and the lack of cash transacting with cabbies is a major plus. We had a white 7 series pick us up by the Eiffel Tower, you should have seen the looks!
Old Mar 4, 2013, 4:36 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Uber has recently arrived in Seattle. I have the app and a promo credit for my first ride ..which I haven't used yet.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold, 1.8MM; Marriott lifetime Titanium

I use it everywhere and have always had great service.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 6:19 pm

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Hilton

Not available in my home town but used it extensively during a recent trip to San Francisco and was never disappointed.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 7:24 pm

Overall, I was happy with Uber when I have used it.

I was disappointed when they showed up in a Chevy Malibu once. Mentioned it to Uber and they basically denied it, saying that driver has a Cadillac. Not that big a deal, but not worth the premium they charged. (I am 100% positive it was a Chevy Malibu)
Old Mar 5, 2013, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by will2288
Overall, I was happy with Uber when I have used it.

I was disappointed when they showed up in a Chevy Malibu once. Mentioned it to Uber and they basically denied it, saying that driver has a Cadillac. Not that big a deal, but not worth the premium they charged. (I am 100% positive it was a Chevy Malibu)
I am surprised they did not refund you. I wonder if you somehow ended up with an UberX car... which is their cheaper option.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 5:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, United MileagePlus Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold

Absolutely! Love it! It's extremely useful when I'm in a city I've never been to before.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 2:32 am
formerly v88matta

Wish they had this service in Montreal!
Old Jul 6, 2013, 7:28 am

I've been using UberX almost daily taking my short 2 mile ride around Chicago and find it to be consistently well-executed. My only problem is that Uber--presumably to keep up with demand--is hiring new drivers that literally do not know the most basic streets in downtown Chicago. It's not a huge problem for me, but it's a major inconvenience for tourists or anyone who isn't precisely sure of the route to their destination.

Otherwise, I've used the black car service in NYC and Paris and been equally, if not a bit more, impressed.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA PS, AA GLD, SPG GLD, PC PLT, CC GLD
Used it when they opened in Baltimore, and it's been smooth sailing/driving. Plus, their promotions with sites like AmazonLocal sometimes makes it cheaper to taxis which I'm all for.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
I can only speak to my experience with Uber in D.C., but it's the best thing going. I may never take a taxi in the D.C. area again. Unless the Taxi Commission puts Uber out of business, which may happen thanks to the local government.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.