Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

which A380 Economy would you prefer? SQ, QF, AF or LH?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2012, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Links back to my thread for my SIN-MEX connection

Since it's a different topic altogether from my previous thread about connecting between SIN and MEX, I'd be starting a new thread instead (unless decided otherwise by a moderator)

Would like to ask which is the best A380 product to fly on in Economy, out of these 4 airlines? This would be my first leg out from SIN before connecting to MEX
- Qantas (codeshare with British Airways)
- Air France
- Lufthansa
- Singapore Airlines
Old Apr 1, 2012, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Having never been in any of them, I would have to go with the ones with the best pitch and width. At 32/19 that'd be AF or SQ. And from reputation, I'd go with SQ between those two.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 2:42 am

How different are the widths actually?

All A380 operators, without exception, have 3-4-3 Y on main deck. Same cabin widths.

Individual airlines might choose to have wider aisles and narrower seats or vice versa, or slightly wider gap between window seat and wall, or narrower seatbacks and wider or double armrests, or wider middle seats and therefore narrower aisle and window seats. But how different are the actual A380 operators from each other?

Regarding pitch: Korean Air is mentioned to have longer Y pitch on A380 - 34´´ where most others have 32´´. But KAL is not an option here. For the same pitch, the legroom may be different on account of different thickness of seatbacks. How much do these A380 operators differ from each others in that respect? Another point of difference may be recline angle.

What IS different is that all Air France frames and some SQ frames have upper deck Y, which is 2-4-2. But does SQ operate upper deck Y on the desired routes? How easy is it to get upper deck Y seats? And how much do AF and SQ upper deck Y differ from one another, in these respects of width and legroom?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 6:27 am

I have flown in QF A380 economy and I haven't minded it at all. The service was impeccable. The legroom left a tiny bit to be desired, BUT with that said, the overhead bins have always had enough space for my extra carry on after we were in the air. Or, if you're like me, you sit in seat 77K, and toss the extra carry on behind my seat

The foot net on the seat I found to be pretty comfortable. The seats, not bad at all. The food, A+ for being economy.

Here's thorough review I wrote from last year's flights...and this year was just about the same...if not better!

http://www.seatplans.com/help/best-r...-february-2012
Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:19 am

Programs: OZ*G, QF Gold
I've flown both QF and LH A380 economy and I liked both - great service and food x2. But to me QF wins. QF's A380 seats (different to the standard ones in their other aircraft) are very good - personally I rate them among, if not the, best economy seats I've flown in.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingJoy
I've flown both QF and LH A380 economy and I liked both - great service and food x2. But to me QF wins. QF's A380 seats (different to the standard ones in their other aircraft) are very good - personally I rate them among, if not the, best economy seats I've flown in.
I'm now more inclined to book QF's A380 QF1 flight out on the SIN-LHR route given it's slightly cheaper pricing, although I'm now stuck between QF and SQ (if cost was not an issue, SQ would have been a Singaporean's rather natural choice)

I never rode QF before but I have SQ experience back when I was in my teens, but they're on 777s..
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:33 am

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Originally Posted by CApreppie
Having never been in any of them, I would have to go with the ones with the best pitch and width. At 32/19 that'd be AF or SQ. And from reputation, I'd go with SQ between those two.
I agree go with seat comfort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.