Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Annoying Gate Lice Clogging Priority AAcess Lane

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:53 am
Hoc
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Annoying Gate Lice Clogging Priority AAcess Lane

Boarding an AA flight from LAX yesterday morning. Two passengers (unrelated) go into the Priority AAcess lane and just stand there while general boarding is continuing. The gate agent announces, "We are currently boarding First Class and Executive Platinum." They continue to stand at the front of priority aacess without moving. Finally, I lean over and ask, "are you first class or executive platinum?" She tells me, "no, we're priority aacess." So, I have to walk around them to board.

It certainly is a little annoying.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:59 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
That's what the Boarding Stick™ is for.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:04 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire
Welcome to airports!

Seriously, this has been the case for pretty much every flight I've boarded, ever. An authoritative "excuse me, please!" parts the crowd pretty much every time.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Hoc
Boarding an AA flight from LAX yesterday morning. Two passengers (unrelated) go into the Priority AAcess lane and just stand there while general boarding is continuing. The gate agent announces, "We are currently boarding First Class and Executive Platinum." They continue to stand at the front of priority aacess without moving. Finally, I lean over and ask, "are you first class or executive platinum?" She tells me, "no, we're priority aacess." So, I have to walk around them to board.

I tend to think of this as annoyingly elitist Priority Access boarding inconveniencing the general public trying to get on their plane
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by DJGMaster1
I tend to think of this as annoyingly elitist Priority Access boarding inconveniencing the general public trying to get on their plane
What's elite about it? The "general public" can purchase *Group 1 boarding* for a nominal price.

Last edited by Science Goy; Jan 22, 2012 at 1:51 pm Reason: fixed error, in asterisks
Old Jan 22, 2012, 12:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Science Goy
What's elite about it? The "general public" can purchase Priority AAccess for a nominal price.
Who defines nominal?
Old Jan 22, 2012, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Spiff
That's what the Boarding Stick™ is for.
^
Old Jan 22, 2012, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
Don't ever travel in Europe if this bothers you. The concept of priority boarding means everyone with a boarding pass bum-rushes the gate as soon as it looks like it will open. "We'd like to ask only the customers seated in the back of the aircraft to board first...". Yeah...right.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 1:26 pm
Hoc
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Kind of reminds me of my experience about a year ago. We got to the gate a bit late, and there was a 100-yd. long general boarding line. So, we went to the empty priority access line, and one of the folks in the general line yelled, "Hey, there's a line here!" I responded back, "We're priority access." He said, "whatever that means."

I wanted to respond, "it means that we don't have to wait in lines." But I just stopped responding to him.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hoc
So, I have to walk around them to board.

Wow - life certainly is rough, huh?
Old Jan 22, 2012, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by DJGMaster1
Who defines nominal?
Small compared to the cost of the plane ticket.

But I was mistaken in my earlier post - you can buy Group 1 boarding, not Priority AAccess. They're functionally similar though.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hoc
Kind of reminds me of my experience about a year ago. We got to the gate a bit late, and there was a 100-yd. long general boarding line. So, we went to the empty priority access line, and one of the folks in the general line yelled, "Hey, there's a line here!" I responded back, "We're priority access." He said, "whatever that means."

I wanted to respond, "it means that we don't have to wait in lines." But I just stopped responding to him.
Heh, my general response to "there's a line here!" is something like, "And it's not my line!" without even slowing down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.