Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Club vs Priority Pass

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2011, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: OW E, *A RCC, BE P. IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, BW Diamond. AMEX Plat
Lounge Club vs Priority Pass

Did a search on the forums but found no mention of "Lounge Club" which I found by chance in Apples AppStore. By the looks of things it is set up for large partners but the choice of lounges pretty much matches Priority Pass with a few exeptions. They both have a similar website with T&Cs and owned by the same parent company. Anyone had any dealings with them both good or bad?

Last edited by SHRMark; Sep 19, 2011 at 10:58 am Reason: Bit more information added....
Old Sep 19, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
I couldn't find their website. Do you mind pointing me to it?
Old Sep 19, 2011, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OW E, *A RCC, BE P. IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, BW Diamond. AMEX Plat
Http://Www.loungeclub.com
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:26 am

I wonder if Lounge Club will be the replacement for Priority Pass Select. So Priority Pass will be what it used to be and Lounge Club will be the option for credit card providers like Ameriprise.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 7:57 am

Programs: UA GS, UA 2-Million Miler, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Plat, EVA Gold
It appears that LoungeClub will be the replacement for at least some of the financial institutions that previously included PriorityPass. With my MerrillLynch Amex card, my wife and I previously had PriorityPass memberships. This was not the "Select" card but appeared to be the regular membership card (I was a PP member before ML provided it through the credit card). These expire on 31st December and we have received LC cards as a replacement.

From what I've seen so far, the number of lounges available with LC seem far fewer than with PP, though the lounges they do offer include many of the international offerings of PP. One of the biggest gaps seem to be the lack of Continental President's/United Clubs, which of course had done away with the PP Select card anyway. Hopefully they will add more lounges over time. I'm currently gauging whether it's worth returning to PP but for the moment I think I'll hold off as I seldom needed it anyway.

Curiously, LC's iPhone/iPadd apps are almost identical to those of PP's. They also seem to have offices in the same locations (London/Dallas/Hong Kong) leading me to think there is probably some connection between the two operations.

Last edited by Sierra Kilo; Dec 29, 2011 at 8:14 am
Old Jan 3, 2012, 12:26 am

Lounge Club is a product of Priority Pass and you can only sign up through your credit card company. You get two lousy visits with your Chase Ink Bold, they call it a "$150 value" when the Lounge Club site clearly states it is a "$27 per visit value" or $54! I should ask Chase for my other $96. Lounge Club is also exceedingly worthless at is leaves a huge number of lounges you can access with priority pass off of their rosters. I find both to be really frustratingly spare in Japan. Only 4 airports in the while country have a member lounge!
Old Feb 13, 2012, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold (1MM), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Has anyone had any trouble using the Lounge Club card? Seems like they're fairly new and the agents are not aware of it.

I was in ANC recently on a domestic CO ticket without lounge access so decided to give it a try (got it via the Chase Ink Bold). When I presented the card at the Alaska Airlines lounge I was denied entry. Apparently she never has seen the card and kept pointing to a sign saying that they only accept certain cards. I spent few minutes trying to convince her, but she wasn't very willing to attempt to verify the card. I was about to give up and leave when another agent walked by and instructed the original agent on how to process the card.

So in the end I was able to access the lounge, but I'm not sure if it's worth the effort if I have to go through all the trouble every time. Anyone has other experiences?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 9:16 am

Programs: AF/KL: FB Gold, A3 *G, DL GM, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Silv, IHG Plat Ambassador
I now have Priority Pass Select thru Amex Platinum and Lounge Club with my PenFed Travel Rewards Amex. Any differences in the lounges? I can't seem to find many and I'm confused as to why they separated the two programs. Thoughts anyone?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 6:55 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by cswarthout
I now have Priority Pass Select thru Amex Platinum and Lounge Club with my PenFed Travel Rewards Amex. Any differences in the lounges? I can't seem to find many and I'm confused as to why they separated the two programs. Thoughts anyone?
Your AMEX Plat Priority Pass Select is at the Prestige level, meaning that you have unlimited free visits for yourself (guests still cost $27). The PenFed Lounge Club membership seems to only provide two free visits for the cardholder.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 4:57 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Hmm, looks like a very similar list to PP but reduced...
Old Feb 26, 2012, 7:51 pm

I have LoungeClub

hi yallz. i have loungeclub through my visa blackcard. i used to have priority pass but they changed to lounge club. i travel often.

i enjoyed the priority pass; however, it was limited to a couple of visits and my guests (which i often travel with friends) were unable to join me in the lounges without paying a fee. i thought it was ridiculous and as a result, i started to find the priority pass meaningless in my situation.

but when visa black changed to lounge club, i've loved it ever since. unlimited free visits. unlimited free guests (assuming there are no limitations at the lounge. the only limit i've ever run into was las vegas. 2 guests only. hmm i wonder why?).

the access of lounges have been adequate. i've traveled throughout asia, europe and north america with little challenge finding the lounges available through lounge card. only time i couldn't access a lounge was at LAX in terminal 7 when i chose to fly United. besides that, no challenges.

in conclusion, loungeclub is a great card. priority pass has a greater selection, but for more money and is only good if you are a solo traveler.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 7:57 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jbeeflyaway
hi yallz. i have loungeclub through my visa blackcard. i used to have priority pass but they changed to lounge club. i travel often.

i enjoyed the priority pass; however, it was limited to a couple of visits and my guests (which i often travel with friends) were unable to join me in the lounges without paying a fee. i thought it was ridiculous and as a result, i started to find the priority pass meaningless in my situation.

but when visa black changed to lounge club, i've loved it ever since. unlimited free visits. unlimited free guests (assuming there are no limitations at the lounge. the only limit i've ever run into was las vegas. 2 guests only. hmm i wonder why?).

the access of lounges have been adequate. i've traveled throughout asia, europe and north america with little challenge finding the lounges available through lounge card. only time i couldn't access a lounge was at LAX in terminal 7 when i chose to fly United. besides that, no challenges.

in conclusion, loungeclub is a great card. priority pass has a greater selection, but for more money and is only good if you are a solo traveler.
Finally a Black Card benefit that is better than the AMEX Platinum Card.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 1:23 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by 14940674
Finally a Black Card benefit that is better than the AMEX Platinum Card.
Unlimited free guests?
That is a nice perk!
Old Mar 11, 2012, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I have it with my Ink Bold card, but am not sure how to use it. I get two free entries per year, but I also have Priority Pass. Will Lounge Club send me free passes to use? Agents have never seen the Ink Bold card in 100% of the lounges I have visited (mostly overseas). If the lounges mostly match Priority Pass, I would rather trade my two free entries with Lounge Club on Coupon Connection for something else. Any thoughts from those getting access with the Chase Ink Bold card???
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: UA Gold (1MM), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I have it with my Ink Bold card, but am not sure how to use it. I get two free entries per year, but I also have Priority Pass. Will Lounge Club send me free passes to use? Agents have never seen the Ink Bold card in 100% of the lounges I have visited (mostly overseas). If the lounges mostly match Priority Pass, I would rather trade my two free entries with Lounge Club on Coupon Connection for something else. Any thoughts from those getting access with the Chase Ink Bold card???
You have to sign up for the Lounge Club using the promo code provided by Ink Bold. You won't physically get two free passes - once you get your Lounge Club card, your first two visits will be free. After that you'll be charged to your Ink Bold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.